As anyone who works from home knows all too well, misconceptions abound regarding telecommuting and remote work. We've heard it all: relatives who assume you're unemployed, significant others who think you can still run errands or clean the house while you're working, bosses who think you're just watching TV in your underwear all day. And don't even get us started about work-from-home scams!
Of course, we know this isn't true. Study after study has shown that people who work remotely are generally more productive than their in-office counterparts. What's more, telecommuting is more popular than ever. A recent Census Bureau report showed that almost 10% of U.S. workers spent at least one day a week telecommuting in 2010, while just 7% did in 1997. And it's not slowing down anytime soon.
So why do these misperceptions about remote work stick around so stubbornly? I searched "work from home" in Google Images and found my answer. And since if you can't beat them you should at least laugh at them, here were 10 of our absolute favorite "working from home" pictures. Enjoy!
1. There's no way he can work like this for longer than 5 minutes. What is he even sitting on? It's definitely not the couch.
2. You know that baby is typing nonsense into her TPS report.
3. That does not look ergonomically correct.
4. Nothing says productivity like matching mother-toddler outfits.
5. In her pajamas, yet with fully done makeup and hair. Makes sense.
6. Outfit choice aside, let's be honest—there's no way he can see the computer screen from that far away.
Work makes me so happy!
7. Now that's collaboration.
8. I love the smell of spreadsheets in the morning.
In a league all their own
9. He stole my favorite vacation activity! (Also, that laptop is going to get totally fried in 3...2...1...)
10. I got nothin'.
C'mon, you've earned a laughter break. Share links to your favorite absurd 'work from home' pictures in the comments section below!