Online Employment Report
Online work - also commonly referred to as remote, contract, freelance or contingent work - is fast becoming a mainstream alternative to full-time employment. As the largest and fastest-growing online work marketplace, oDesk presents the Online Employment Report. This monthly report focuses on key areas of growth and activity in the marketplace, including the most in-demand skills, the more lucrative job types and how much money is being spent for online work worldwide.
In the Online Employment Report: February 2011, the highlights were:
Borderless Economy: Online Work Opportunities Go Beyond Local Openings
- A record 72,000 jobs posted
- More than $14M spent on online work in February alone
- 1M contractors registered to work
Not Just Tech: Broad Work Variety Available Online
- Number of Web & Logo Design Opportunities Increasing Faster than Technical Positions
- Internet Marketing Jumps 114 Points Over 2010
- Writers On Call: Wordpress, Blogging and Copywriting In Demand
In Dec 2010, oDesk has also produced a yearlong review report, including predictions for the state of the online workforce in 2011 and beyond. The oDesk Online Employment: 2010 Review and Future Predictions top findings are:
Want to learn more? Contact us at email@example.com.
Interested in past data? Old reports are archived below.