Indian Beta closed
Mollie C. 88 posts - United States - Joined Mar 11 2010
Update April 25: Local Funds Transfer is no longer Beta! Withdrawal Transfer time down in India to 2-3 business day. Beta thread is now closed. Please see the new announcement.
If you are a contractor in India, we’d like to invite you to participate in our beta launch of Local Funds Transfer in India!
You’ve been asking for a better withdrawal method, and we’ve been working on it. We have a new local funds transfer withdrawal method for India that will allow you to withdraw Indian Rupees directly into your local bank account for $1.99 per withdrawal.
Join Our Beta Program Today!
oDesk is offering Local Funds Transfer as a beta. We are also waiving the $1.99 fee on your first withdrawal. We are confident in the system — your funds are safe and after you add your bank and request a withdrawal, you will receive your funds in 3-5 business days. But, we'd like your help to understand better what's working really well and what could be improved before we officially launch.
If you have any questions before or after you join the beta, please contact our Customer Support team directly.
Add your bank now to participate in this beta release.
What is Local Funds Transfer:
- Transfer funds directly to your local bank account. No third-party payment providers are involved which means no waiting for a third-party to send the funds to your bank or risk of delays/restrictions imposed by a processing vendor. You deal directly with oDesk.
- Your first withdrawal is Free! Thank you for trying this new service. Thereafter, each withdrawal is just $1.99.
- oDesk offers a very competitive exchange rate that in most cases will beat the other payment providers. You can see the last oDesk exchange rate on the withdrawal form before you withdraw funds.
- You will receive your funds in 3-5 business days.
If you are interested in participating in this beta launch, please click here to add your local bank.
You may also click here for more information.
Special note for Payoneer Users
Payoneer recently announced that their Prepaid MasterCard cards have been blocked for local purchases in India(POS Purchase) and will soon be blocked for ATM withdrawals in India. If you have a balance on your Payoneer card and would like to use oDesk's new Local Funds Transfer to receive your money, follow these steps:
- Contact Payoneer at IndiaSupport@payoneer.com and request your current card balance be reversed back to oDesk. There are no fees for this reversal.
- Once oDesk receives the reversal of funds, we will credit your oDesk account.
- In the meantime, set up Local Funds Transfer. Once we credit your account, you will be able to withdraw your funds to your bank using Local Funds Transfer.
Local Funds Transfer Beta also available for Philippines.
Score: 9.8, Votes: 69