Question about opening client company (Very new to Odesk so please guide me)
Mohammad Assad 2 posts - Hong Kong - Joined Oct 15 2012
I just signed up for Odesk a couple of days so kindly bear with me. I have been studying the help content a bit however, I thought it would be faster if I just posted here.
I initially joined as a contractor but I have now made a client company on Odesk. I would like to officially register (i.e. register it with the Government) in around 6 months, but till then I want to get used to Odesk.
So my questions are the following:
1) Can I hire people for long term through Odesk or will it be just project to project?
2) What would be the best way to start off on Odesk, as a very very new company? I see that there is a rating system, so I assume most contractors would only like to work with a better rated company. How do I overcome this?
3) Assuming I get a job from Odesk as a client. Can I then re-post the same job on Odesk, and get it done by contractors?
4) Similar to 3, assuming I get a job from Odesk...can I get it done by people outside Odesk, such as Elance?
5) I understand that there are methods of tracking contractor progress on projects for clients. Now assuming as a client, i get a project...how will my client, track his project progress, when I have given the project to other contractors?
6) A rather silly question, but can I contract myself? Or do Odesk guidelines forbid it?
Many many thanks to any one who can help me in advance. And apologies if I circumvented any rules/guidelines. Thank you for your patience
Score: 10.0, Votes: 1