Enhanced Security: Security Question provides additional safeguards for your account
Jacqueline Pittenger 8613 posts - United States - Joined Jan 07 2008
User security is a top priority here at oDesk. All users must now answer a security question in addition to entering a password to perform sensitive operations. In addition you may also add a security (SMS) email address to receive vital notifications.
Users log in with their user ID and password to use most of our online and software features. Due to concerns about fraud and unauthorized access to financial information we've added an additional level of security to protect users' accounts. The security question helps prevent unauthorized access if a user's password is stolen.
- Device authorization expires at the end of each browser session unless the user checks 'Remember this computer.'
- Requires device authorization. Lasts for 30 minutes after entering the user password or performing a sensitive operation.
Action that can only be performed in a secure session. Listed below:
- Withdrawing funds
- Issuing a bonus payment
- Issuing a fixed price payment
- Adding or editing payment methods
- Adding or editing withdrawal methods
- Hiring a provider
- Ending an assignment
- Accessing the Team Admin page
- Changing your personal email address (must have email access to receive verification link)
- Changing your security (SMS) email address (must have email access to receive verification code)
- Changing the security question (must answer security question every time)
- Changing the user password (must enter current password every time)
- Resetting the user password (must answer security question every time, and have email access to receive reset link)
We strongly suggest that you use a security (SMS) email address that forwards to a cell phone. That way you can be notified immediately of changes to secure settings of your account, even if you're away from your computer. In the event of unauthorized account access, the sooner you know there's a problem, the better.
What if you don't normally receive email on your cell phone? Your phone probably has the ability to receive SMS (text) messages sent to a special email address (e.g. email@example.com). Contact your carrier, check out this Wikipedia article to learn more.
Score: 8.2, Votes: 5