Back to oDesk.com » Love the way you work.

Welcome to the oDesk Community! Connect here with fellow clients, contractors, and oDesk staff. Please review our Usage Policy.

Ridiculously low hourly rates

What is with someone asking for bids below $1.50/hour?  And why are some of you designers/ free-lancers willing to sell yourself so short.  That does not cover costs for internet costs, costs that it takes to keep up with current software, purchase costs for current software, and finally the cost of actually keeping food on the table and a roof over your head.  You embarrass yourselves & make a mockery of this website.  I can not respect someone that offers so little or someone who accepts to be paid that amount.  A machine could not do these jobs as low.  Believe me, the people who pay you this insignificant amount turn around and make good money for your hard work.

-Tammy

Vote Result

+++++++++-
Score: 9.3, Votes: 89
Hi Tammy,

I understand your complaint about ridiculous Hourly Rates, but just remember, minimum wages can vary allot by country, and for some people, $1.50 is what is keeping them alive.

 

I myself do not work for such low rates at all,
but I can say that in my country Trinidad and Tobago, the Minimum hourly wage is $11 TTD an hour = 1.75 USD per hour.
Many people live a decent life with this small income.

And our country isn't as badly off as others.
For some people, $1.50 is enough to feed them for a day.

Allot of Providers here live in different parts of the world, and have different lifestyles.

Not all of us are from USA.
And the cost of living in your country is allot higher that that of other countries around here.

I just took a quick look at your profile,
and saw that you have an extremely high (hourly rate).

In my honest opinion, you should try dropping your rate considerably, to at least get your first job and some feedback,
then you can keep raising your prices as you gain reputation on this site.

Otherwise, I'm sorry to say that at your rates, I think it is unlikely to get hired on oDesk.

It's just my opinion and I can be wrong.
Best of luck to you!
-Andrew

Low Provider Rates

I agree with Andrew as far as some people in the world being thrilled with $2.00as, when I first started on oDesk, I didn't really get the concept of this site being used by people worldwide and I was greatly dismayed when I would see buyers saying things like 'below $2.00/hr'. But then I know that in various parts of the world, that's real wealth! As well, there's a huge variety of job titles, projects and pay scales on here. I think that foreign bidders do hurt US bidders especially with US buyers but then again, I think that US buyers should be hiring only US providers, in an effort to help one anther out, at least whenever possible for the time being, until our economy turns. 

We tend to judge salaries based on our standard of living but, right now anyway, we have a very high standard of living.  For many people, $2.00/hr is luxury and buyers in foreign countries think paying a provider that much is like paying someone upwards of $40,000 here.

If they can get away with it, many a buyer will pay as little as possible or they're going to have to do their own whatever.

Just some thoughts.

Be carefull

Do you think other countries should be doing the same to help each other out?
What do you think if everyone decided not to buy American made Product? we would millions of jobs here in the USA.
You cant think that simple, but #2.00 per hour is sick and Odesk should set a minimun and enforce it.
There should be better guide lines in the pricing.

Hi everyone, I am a late

Hi everyone,

I am a late comer to this discussion, but feel the point is still valid

The sad fact is, that people who are accustomed to working for less are being exploited by those who could pay more. This has ethical implications for this whole set up - here is a place where anyone can find contractors that are willing to work for very little. This cannot be justified by the argument that in some countries wages and standards of living are lower - we need to encourage appropriate ethical standards - equality and fair pay for all.

Anita

LOW rates...

yes i am finding the rates quite shockingly low in here . I was hoping to find something to do at a $10.00/hr at minimum to start with ..thats our minimum wage here in Canada in a "real" job . but glad i found this lil community to help me understand a few things better about the worldwide wages for online work. So i suppose its gonna take awhile to find a client who will pay the higher rates/hr???? yes I am VERY new to this concept of getting paid to do online work. thx

Quote:I WILL NOT DO ANY WORK

Quote:
I WILL NOT DO ANY WORK FOR LESS THAN $5.00/HR

You have just redefined how much you will work for.
Might as well replace that 20.00hr with 5.00hr.

Client will now expect to get you for 5.00 and hour, period.

Right now, I would say you need to prove yourself even worth the 5.00hr.

$27.78 high?

You think his $27.78/hr is high? Hourly rate is averaging $80/hr in PA/MD in Graphic & Web Design. $27.78 is a steal considering the skills required. I don't get out of bed for less then $20/hr.

won't get out of bed for anything under $20

Although I agree with the exploitation factors at play here and am experiencing the same and worse buyer practices ... I can't help but notice the level of egos and inaccurate statements made by providers ..

example: I won't get out of bed for anything under $20 an hour -

I'm sorry but according to the jobs you have taken here Stephanie, you worked for far less than your $20 an hour - fixed price that took over 2 months - $222.00? That does not equate to anything close to $20 an hour.

Anyway, it's sad to say and see but buyers are exploiting workers here and the people who feed them, are only going to eventually make Odesk less reliable as a qualified resource for anyone BUT people who will practically work for free and in some cases DO .. as in examples where buyers are asking for "samples" of their proposed projects in order to make a decision ... hence they don't have to pay anyone for all of the ideas that pour in from desperate people. If you're confident in your skills and you have a portfolio that demonstrates those skills, that's all that they should need.

In theory, Odesk is a great idea .. in practice I believe there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed in order for this to be a more fair platform that draws more true professionals.

Hummm................

There are buyers out there that are like everyone else, trying to get as much work out of you as they can and not pay anything. Alot of jobs I have noticed in terms of transcription and data entry (especially) the request is to complete perhaps 9 hours of transcription which is probably of poor quality and want to pay you $5 or $10 if you are lucky. Then, the project is to be returned with a rediculous TAT of 12 hours or less. Or the job may require data entry in a spreadsheet (simple) yes but then there are like over 3,000 entries the buyer would like to have submitted in a short amount of time. Then when the job is returned (looking like crap) the buyer is upset. You get what you pay for. The key is to just review the job and decide if you wish to kill yourself doing a big job for a fixed rate of $5 or just look for those jobs that are worth working on. It is really quite futile to argue this point regarding low-paying jobs. It is going to always be like this and the only thing you can do is suck it up and look for the good jobs or leave Odesk. I don't see the policy changing in any way on this..sorry Sad

The time frame on a fixed price job is how long it's open...

Laurie H. wrote:
I'm sorry but according to the jobs you have taken here Stephanie, you worked for far less than your $20 an hour - fixed price that took over 2 months - $222.00? That does not equate to anything close to $20 an hour.

Um, no. The time frame on a fixed price job is how long it's open, not how many hours it took. I have clients that can take 1-2 weeks to even respond to a design concept. That doesn't mean I'm actively working on the job, it just means that the job has not been finalized and finally payment submitted. I'm not going to charge a client for waiting for them to make a decision or submit their content.

The $222 one you had mentioned taking two months...That accounted for time for the client to take his photos and write his own content; all while running several subsidiaries of his business...It took him a couple days to respond to each email I sent because he's a busy guy. Not that it's any of your business, but I spent less then 5 hours on that project.

Quote:Not that it's any of

[EDIT] Whoops - accidentally replied to a really old message. [/EDIT]

"....to be a more fair platform "

"In theory, Odesk is a great idea .. in practice I believe there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed in order for this to be a more fair platform that draws more true professionals."

I must agree with what you have said here Laurie H. True professionals in both USA and Canada cannot live much less feed a family by only working for $1-3/hr per day. Those kind of wages would only push and keep the good working people in hands on jobs offline. I hope i can make it online tho.

Keyword: Platform

Terri-Lee R. wrote:
"In theory, Odesk is a great idea .. in practice I believe there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed in order for this to be a more fair platform that draws more true professionals."

I must agree with what you have said here Laurie H. True professionals in both USA and Canada cannot live much less feed a family by only working for $1-3/hr per day. Those kind of wages would only push and keep the good working people in hands on jobs offline. I hope i can make it online tho.

OK Let's get something clear here: This is not a JOB. If you are searching for assignments you have officially become a business owner like it or not.

oDesk does not set rates, you are your own boss, YOU set rates. oDesk merely provides a platform to match talent with needs.

Did anyone look to note the fact this thread is FOUR years old? Probably not: The first rule of business ownership is paying attention to details.

Forget about "wages" and forget about "location"

1) There are no "wages" here. You want a wage? Go and get a brick and mortar job. HERE you are an independent contractor. You work for yourself. You set your rates. If your skills are worth that rate on this international platform, you'll get it. If not then that's not the fault of any client or other contractor.

2) Why on earth should a client care WHERE you are and what your cost of living is like? Here you are NOT in any given country, as such. You are "on the Internet" and where you choose to live is your decision and of absolutely no interest to any client.

My rate is "$ X.xx" - right? If I moved to the most expensive place in the world, would the VALUE of my work change? Nope. If I moved to the cheapest place on earth, would I charge less? NOPE. Would my work be worth less? Nope.....

FORGET about location - it really isn't relevant!

If what you make here doesn't support you where you live you can

a) get more valuable skills
b) Move somewhere cheaper
c) quit freelancing and get a job

I'm sorry I wated my time

Doesn't any one know of a freelance website that caters to professionals in the US? This site is a joke. I am so sorry I wasted my time!
That sad thing is these US companies are looking for cheap labor. If you area professional who has quality service to offer this site is an insult.
Same on you oDesk. Yes I know there are people in the world who think $5 an hour is great. Don't invite us to that party.

I'm so glad someone said

I'm so glad someone said this. I just saw an opening wanting to pay 80 CENTS an hour for 40 hours a week. 80 CENTS?!!! Fine I get $1/hr is a livable wage somewhere else but IT IS NOT IN THE U.S. so the sooner everyone realize this and start asking for more the sooner employers will be forced to pay more!!!

US Rates

I am able to bill consistently over 60/hr... My current deal is $100/hr. Not impossible if you have the right skills.

Never mind "US" rates. You're not in the US here. You're ...

Rod Johnson wrote:
I am able to bill consistently over 60/hr... My current deal is $100/hr. Not impossible if you have the right skills.

That's because you appear to be sh*t hot at what you do. You have found a niche, you're brilliant at it, and your clients think you're worth every dime you charge.

However, it is totally irrelevant where you are. People have to get rid of that ridiculous idea that their location in any way influences the net worth of their work in a global market. You are not in the US here, I am not in Italy. We are on a global platform where skills mean money and lack of marketable skills mean bottom feeder rates.

You could still charge $ 100 an hour if you lived on Planet Zogg with Knittles your pet Wildebeest. It is not where you are, it is what value can add to your client's business.

I keep seeing all those contractors who live in relatively or truly expensive places complain that they can not make it on what their work is worth on oDesk..... well, either move to a cheaper place, get more valuable skills or market yourself better; because at the end of the day where you choose to live is nobody's problem but your own.

I have to agree here with you

I have to agree here with you Stephanie. In my freelance business in Australia I charge $60 per hour and I'm struggling to find work on this site for $20 per hour. A part of me wonders why I've bothered putting in the hard work to set myself up here, to branch off a little more, only to see just low hourly fees.

It's misleading and hard for high paid professionals to do their job!

Allot versus A Lot

Sorry but it's my pet peeve: "Allot" is not a word.
I believe "A Lot" is the phrase you're looking for.

also my pet peeve, but then

also my pet peeve, but then "allot" *is* a word. it just wasn't used correctly where you read it.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

Low rates

Hi Tammy,
Though I'm new in odesk and I'm from a developing country, Bangladesh. But I will never work with such a low rates ($1-2 per hour). That's insulting to our work. People here, irrespective to any region, shouldn't offer such low rates. I think odesk should maintain a minimum standard on this.

Thanks for your thought. I'm with you.

Shamima Nasreen
Bangladesh

Check the oConomy Page

You can get a more realistic idea of what is being paid to whom at the oConomy pages. Here is the one for Graphic Designers.

 

http://www.odesk.com/community/oconomy/freelance_designers

not just a regional thing

I don't think its just about different countries.
Yes, I do know that the rate varies a LOT across countries. But $1 or $2 per hour, thats insane no matter which country the person is from.

See, there are 2 broad categories of people here. One that does not value their skills, and the ones that do. And the extremely low bids are from the first category. Its that simple. I am a newbie in oDesk, but I dont bid less that $4.5 because I know what my skills are worth. In my case $4.5 is extremely low, and dont make much business sense, but this is something I have to do to land on a few job here and hope to increase the rate as I get work history. BTW, I am from India and not US.

But believe me, there are a lot of buyers here are looking for $1 or $2 per hour, and dont care about the quality of work. All they want is cheap work.

So, I guess its not just the providers to blame.

Cost is more than just cost of living.

I see alot of comments here about different locations and the cost of living, I understand and appreciate that.

What my concern is that @ $2.00 an hour you cannot be paying for the cost to do business.  General outgoings such as internet costs, power, rent but most of all in our industry SOFTWARE!

I find it hard to compete in a market such as this, when i am competeing against those that must be breaking the law by using pirate software. At $2.00 an hour I would be working 50 weeks a year to pay for my software updates.

I would like to start a movement for providers to have to validate their software as authentic on odesk.  I think this would get rid of the $2.00 bid.

Cheers All

Shaun W.

piracy problem

Shaun White wrote:

I see alot of comments here about different locations and the cost of living, I understand and appreciate that.

What my concern is that @ $2.00 an hour you cannot be paying for the cost to do business.  General outgoings such as internet costs, power, rent but most of all in our industry SOFTWARE!

I find it hard to compete in a market such as this, when i am competeing against those that must be breaking the law by using pirate software. At $2.00 an hour I would be working 50 weeks a year to pay for my software updates.

I would like to start a movement for providers to have to validate their software as authentic on odesk.  I think this would get rid of the $2.00 bid.

Cheers All

Shaun W.

Thats a good point you've raised. Piracy is rampant. But usually I've found that people who do work with pirated software don't understand their work anyway and don't want to take pride in what they do. So the work is low quality as well.

I don't think it is "hard to compete" with $2.00/hr people being there. Good buyers understand the difference in quality.

"Good buyers"

Mridul K. wrote:

Good buyers understand the difference in quality.

"Good buyers", species under threat of extinction.
We prefer to talk about just "buyers".

It's True- Not a regional thing

Azhar S. wrote:

See, there are 2 broad categories of people here. One that does not value their skills, and the ones that do. And the extremely low bids are from the first category. Its that simple. I am a newbie in oDesk, but I don't bid less that $4.5 because I know what my skills are worth. In my case $4.5 is extremely low, and don't make much business sense, but this is something I have to do to land on a few job here and hope to increase the rate as I get work history.

eimax, I have to agree with you here. I AM from the U.S. and I set my rate at $7.25 when I first set up my profile. That is the minimum wage here in PA. TO my horror, when I bid on some work, I found that some of these buyers said the rate was too high! I don't get it. But I lowered my rate to $5 just to get my foot in the door and get a contract. And I did a day later. And what is really sad about this is that one of the jobs I bid on @ $5 an hour said my rate was too high! And I am sickened by some of the buyers who expect a huge amount of articles for a fixed price, and it them turns out that the price translates to a penny an article. There was a fixed price job asking for 300 original articles-not rewrites- for $30.00!! Absolutely crazy! The people who bid on that job need to be locked up!

So long story short, I won my first bid and am now writing for a great buyer for a decent price. I got my foot in the door, and the job may even be extended because he likes the quality of my work. Besides... If I were to get a job anywhere else at minimum wage, think about what I would be coming home with in my pocket after taxes and transportation costs. Pretty much the same thing as $5 an hour sitting on my rump working form the comfort of my own home.

Are you kidding me, we are on the same team?

Why do these job posters think that my cost of living is any less then then what they have to pay. I blame odesk for letting it get this far. It's not just odesk all sites like this do it wrong. If you really want to help creatives you will make a fair system for everyone. I don't want to burn any bridges, but clients here rarely pay what we are worth, (just talking about the bad apples here) and knowingly take advantage of beginners that don't know any better. The creative community is pretty close. We freelancers don't have the advantages of a 9-5 job in terms of unions, healthcare, 401k and other benefits. (in my case anyway) It's hard enough as is without putting in a full day for a peanut. There should be a limited budget requirement based on what the average industry standard for the job is. (That is make it so that people seeking workers can't pay below a minimum) Freelancers please stop the lowballing, don't work for less then you are worth ever. Clients come on, I want to work with you but let's be fair ok.
I didn't go to collage and spend a lifetime learning a skill for a peanut. We need eachother, can't we just be friends. I got a big mouth to feed. (bigger then most) what can I say I'm a passionate guy. If I haven't blown it, I look forward to working with you soon. cheers

Collage?

You went to collage? What does that mean? I went to college myself....lol

LOL

Hahhahahaha!! Laughing out loud

But he's right! His post was indeed very passionate!
I LIKE what he wrote.

Why do these job posters think that my cost of living is any les

Daniel im so on the same page as you are on this topic Wink you've expressed it well bravo!!

This thread is 4 years old!

Terri-Lee R. wrote:
Daniel im so on the same page as you are on this topic Wink you've expressed it well bravo!!

As Doreen said earlier, "The first rule of business ownership is paying attention to detail!"

Looking at his profile, Daniel appears to not even be here anymore.

methinks our conflicting

methinks our conflicting advice is starting to confuse the community. Wink

i've noticed that reviving dead threads has become a trend lately. could it be that when someone posts a new topic which is an ongoing issue, we tend to tell them to make a search first? on the other hand, when they do dig up old posts, we're outraged that they're too lazy to create a new thread. Big smile

probably if they started their replies with a "yes, i am aware this post is x years old" would help, eh? Tongue

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

But, butttt. They don't have

But, butttt. They don't have to resurrect it, just read it, rathter all of them.

one of the long dead ones is sure to answer their question.

Or failing that, they shouild be able to formulate their own answer.

How hard is it to understad the majority of the answers.

Don't apply.
You are your own business.
No miniumn rate. keeps the bottom feeders out of our hair.

and beat goes on.

they feel the need to be heard too

Joseph C. wrote:
But, butttt. They don't have to resurrect it, just read it, rathter all of them.

one of the long dead ones is sure to answer their question.

Or failing that, they shouild be able to formulate their own answer.

can't stop them from wanting to type out their answers once they do read through the threads. Wink

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

haha so true

Junelle A. wrote:
methinks our conflicting advice is starting to confuse the community. Wink

i've noticed that reviving dead threads has become a trend lately. could it be that when someone posts a new topic which is an ongoing issue, we tend to tell them to make a search first? on the other hand, when they do dig up old posts, we're outraged that they're too lazy to create a new thread. :bigsmile:

This is true. Personally, I don't know why some get so annoyed when this happens. Ok, maybe it's old but the contractor might be having a similar issue or felt like commenting on the topic, what's the big deal? On some forums topics get locked up after some time, not here so it means anyone is free to revive them.

Junelle A. wrote:
probably if they started their replies with a "yes, i am aware this post is x years old" would help, eh? :P

I think most are not aware Big smile

i don't understand what's the big

i don't understand what's the big deal either, reviving old threads was never an issue before. unless the person replying was trying to help solve a problem that was, like, 2 years old that would be the only time i'd react, but sharing ideas on an old thread still seems okay to me.

Quote:
Junelle A. wrote:
probably if they started their replies with a "yes, i am aware this post is x years old" would help, eh? :P

I think most are not aware :bigsmile:

i think so, too, but those who *do* know should post that - it makes *us* less confused! Big smile

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

i agree with tammy and my

i agree with tammy and my opinion on hourly rates is that when odesk is a virtual work place, it should have its own standard hourly rates for each field of work

i tried to work for feedback

I told this one guy that I was willing to transcribe five pages for free just to get my feet wet but he didn't bite.

Please never do that

Please never do that again.

1) If you're not paid, you won't receive any feedback on your profile. You may find a buyer willing to take advantage of you eventually, but what good could possibly come of that?
2) Do you really want to sound that desperate to buyers? You need to prove you're serious, skilled and professional to get a job.

Please never do that

ooops how about doing it for $0.01 just to get a positive feedback then?

Do you really want to sound that desperate to buyers?
NO: But how long and whats it gonna take to get my foot in the door?

You need to prove you're serious, skilled and professional to get a job.
I'm skilled and dead serious about getting a job but would you call someone a professional if he's not getting paid?

Aaaargh this IS a tough market and I'm like pulling out my hair right now.

http://odeskpinoynewbie.blogspot.com/

sometimes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Don't worry, Jake. You're not the only one who has tried that. When I first started here in oDesk, I sometimes had to offer free samples just to get noticed.

If I sounded so desperate back then, that's because many things that I did to attract buyers didn't seem to work. I took exams, set up a blog (this helps, by the way), wrote sincere and customized cover letters (at least I thought they were), etc... but many buyers just wouldn't bite.

I'm not saying that it's the only way to get noticed. In fact, there were also many buyers who remained unperturbed. Still, I can't deny the fact that it did work for some.

Feedback doesn't show

Until or unless you have earned 1.00 on an assignment. Doreen

volunteerism

Josue -

ignore those who tell you not to do that - who tell you that it lessens you in some way

in the outside world - that would be called volunteering - and would be hailed by those who just chided you as "noble"

John, volunteering is working

John, volunteering is working for a non profit organisation that supports a cause. You would volunteer to raise money for a publisher who prints braille books, or a home for patients with cerebral palsy. Working for free for McDonalds, on the other hand, is not called volunteering--It's called exploitation (on the one side) and stupidity (on the other.) Working for free for oDesk clients is working for no cause other than the client's profits and cannot be termed volunteer work.

volunteering etc

then call it "internship" - it's a way to pick up experience - and it's the individuals choice - not yours

the real issue is however - the value of having lower bids - for those who can afford it - it's an advantage - and because you can't afford it - you hate it - all a matter of perspective

someday - India will be a richer country than SA - and the bidding will be reversed - and nothing will keep a SAer from bidding lower

get used to it - nothing you can do about it - appealing to ethics that force someone else to give up their advantage won't work - people with a realistic outlook just smirk at that sort of thing

More abject nonsense.

John Eyon wrote:

the real issue is however - the value of having lower bids - for those who can afford it - it's an advantage - and because you can't afford it - you hate it - all a matter of perspective

No. Those who bid low don't do it because they can, they do it because they have to. Because they can only compete on price and have no marketable skills that can demand a higher price. If they could bid higher and still win contracts, they would. As would you.

I guess in your own part of the freelancing community the willingness to work for next to nothing may be "an advantage" - fine - you keep your "advantage." Those of us with marketable skills use them and sell them at a price that suits us. That's OUR advantage. I know da*n well which "advantage" I'd rather have.

Kirsten does not "hate" the low bidding because she can't afford it - she laughs about it, and shakes her head about it, because she doesn't have to compete in the race to the bottom.

It's all a matter of perspective, as you say. Yours, from your part of the freelancer community, is always going to be very different to that of skilled professionals who compete on quality, not price.

I could not possibly care less if someone bids to do a contract I want at 1.00 and I bid at $ 20++ - because it doesn't affect me. It happens all the time. So what? If the client picks the $ 1.00 contractor my work would have been wasted on them anyway. However, that hardly ever happens, because I don't apply to bottom-feeder contracts. I leave that to those who are comfortable at that level.

confusions

are you sure you know english - i'm almost afraid to introduce a big word here - it's "volition" - it's important to keep in mind when uttering words such as "can" and "have to"

no one "has to" bid high or low - simple concept - i'll move on

everyone "can" bid whatever they want - unless ODesk sets certain limits during the bid phase - simple concept

if someone as qualified as you low balls your bid - by a small amount or a low amount - they did so out of choice - because they "could" - and because - according to their reasoning - they "had to" to win - that's how volition works - i'd be very interested in seeing you parse your version of those words

you are making worse assumption however - you are assuming that price indicates quality - but i don't think you really mean that - if you bid $100 and someone else bid $95 - you don't really think that you are objectively better than the other person

but you think that someone who bids $20 produces less quality than you - it's a self-delusion - and i know no amount of logic will break thru that

if you have learned to accept being low-balled - unlike TJ who started this thread - then i congratulate you for that little bit - but i scorn any elitist/racist ideas you derive from your interpretation of the bid amounts

Too funny.

John Eyon wrote:
are you sure you know english

* English ... I do. Plus a few other languages. I am a published author in two, and can speak and / or understand a few more. How about you?

Look, It is quite clear that you haven't got the faintest notion (yet) how this online freelancing lark works. It is clear from your profile, it is clear from the contracts you apply for (and fail to win, comprehensively) and it is clear from your many ignorant posts here. That time would be much better spent doing something about that profile of yours, then maybe, just maybe, you'd win some contracts other than the bottom feeder stuff.

Maybe just zip it for the time being, figure it out, get some experience, win some contracts, get some feedback, get a few hundred oDesk hours under your belt (or even just a dozen would be a good start?), and then come back once you know what you're talking about.

At the moment you're just making a fool of yourself.

Page: