Which oDesk emails drive you crazy?
Michael L. 543 posts - United States
We have been getting feedback from both Buyers and Providers that oDesk sends too many emails. Do you agree? Which emails should we stop sending? Some possibilities:
- Candidate notification: if your job opening gets 37 candidates, you get 37 emails. What level of notification is appropriate here?
- Interview confirmation: each time you select a candidate for an interview, you get a confirmation saying "you have selected Provider X for an interview"
- Hire confirmation and assignment start notification: when you make a hire, you get two emails: (1) "you have hired Provider X", and (2) your assignment with Provider X has begun and he can now bill time"
- Job expires: if a Buyer makes a hire or cancels a job for which you are a candidate, you get notified, even if you didn't apply but rather were invited to interview.
- We currently send many emails to both your odesk.com address and your alternate email address. If you have forwarding enabled, should we send only to your alternate address? If you have forwarding disabled, should we send to both addresses?
I'm sure there are other examples. Which emails are useful? Which drive you crazy? Speak now!
Score: 2.0, Votes: 1