Katya A. 30 posts - United States - Joined Oct 18 2005
Thank you for attending the oDesk Orientation. We appreciate your interest in learning more about oDesk and we look forward to assisting you throughout our network. Attached at the bottom is the presentation we used for the today’s session, so please download and review it.
Here is a quick summary of the key steps that we covered:
Key steps to take in consideration when getting started with oDesk:
- Download and set up oDesk tools
- Download the tools here
- Create your oDesk Profile
- Additional tips available at: jan_18th_2006_session_edit_your_oDesk_profile
- When applying to openings include a descriptive cover letter
- Tips and templates available at: effective_cover_letter
- Be prepared for the interview with the Buyer
- Tips available at: interviewing_prep_providers
- Try to follow oDesk successful practices during the course of your assignment
- Tips available at: working_with_buyers
Important Questions Asked during the Orientation:
- Q: How to make a good cover letter?
- A: Tips and templates available at: effective_cover_letter
- Q: Is there a session on how to use Webex/Internet?
- A: Webex attendees guide available here
- Q: Can I add oDesk Certified Provider logo on my website?
- A: Yes, oDesk logo can be added on the website. To download oDesk logo refer at: downloads
- Q: Can an Affiliate Manager do the interview and let the co-workers continue on the job?
- A: The company manager will be copied on all the communication and can get involved to whatever extent he or she thinks is necessary.
- Q: Will I be notified if the buyer decides to hire another candidate?
- A: Yes you will. All Service Providers who applied to the job opening will receive a notification email in case the buyer hires another provider or cancels the opening.
- Q: How could I set a good and fair pay rate?
- Q: Can I get a printable version of the handbook?
- A: Yes, to do that please click here: book/print/
Feedback and suggestions that we got:
Score: 0.0, Votes: 0