More than 6 months –
30+ hrs/week –
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded and self-motivated CakePHP developer to join our distributed team, focused on helping medical professionals get answers to their questions.
The successful candidate must be able to display a working knowledge of the CakePHP framework, have experience with JS and the jQuery framework and be able to tweak HTML/CSS files as requested based on existing CSS / Mockups.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
* Leading CakePHP best practices & standards, and guiding other Cake devs
* Integrating existing static HTML/CSS mockups into our CakePHP products
* Working with JS / jQuery plugins to add animations, effects and AJAX requests
* Working with Models and Controllers to update existing features, find & fix bugs or create new features
* Working in a distributed, agile, team environment
* Reporting to senior management daily on tasks, deadlines, updates along with weekly team updates
* Reviewing & refactoring existing codebase, offering suggestions for improvements & optimizations
* A creative, bright and positive attitude! :-)
* Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
* Minimum 3 years experience with the CakePHP framework
* Minimum 3 year experience with jQuery
* Minimum 3 year experience with MySQL
* Experienced with git version control & github
* Familiar with Linux & Unix-variants; must work on OSX ...