Est. Budget: $1,000.00
We are designing a web platform for elementary- and middle-school students which will facilitate learning and retention of math skills. Our staff of curriculum experts will produce problem sets, which the students should load & interact with through a web browser. The students' answers (multiple choice and free-response) will be scored and retained for future analytics.
An ideal candidate should have full-stack experience, with the skills to designing a scalable web platform to house user data securely and interact with an RDBMS with low overhead.
What you can do here:
- Design and implement creative solutions to a variety of interesting problems
- Build out the initial structure of a tutoring framework with huge long-term potential
- Work with an innovative team and product
What you should have:
- Direct experience developing MVC web applications using RoR (or similar frameworks)
- Full-stack experience
- Passion for innovation in education
Could you send us a cost and time estimate for a site with the following features/capabilities:
User login/secure access
Load problem sets from a RDBMS
Accept student answers (multiple choice and free response) from the client
Store analytics in the RDBMS
The new site must plug into existing hosting; the deliverable should be a github repo or set of files that we can plug into the existing site.