I'm a podcaster and I need an Android + iOS that is able to read the posts on my blog (WP) and be able to play the shows on each post, a Search (within the blog) possibility is also required
[11/12/2012 17:49:49] evallesg2005:
1) as agreed, we will focus on the 3 latest iOS and Android platforms
- since both major platforms should be involved, we would like to know, whether you are interested a) in cross-platform development (based on Phone-gap) or b) in native iOS and Android toolkits?
a) works fine for such simple apps as yours and it is cheaper, as long as we do not have to develop the same functionality twice (as opposed to 'b' option); however, it is not recommended, if you are going to add anything complex to the app at a later date
THIS IS OK FOR ME, AS I TOLD YOU I HAVE A SMALL BUDGET SO ANY SAVING IS WELCOME, AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T IMPLY WORSE FUNCTIONALITY.
b) it is quoted more, for 2 individual development teams will be involved. And the overall project duration will be more, than in “a” variant
SAME AS A
2) you are welcome to specify exact devices models to be supported
- for now, I noted Samsung Galaxy
- please provide a short list of those you need
Samsung Galaxy I, II, III, Note, Note2
Iphones - Ipads
Wouldn't a responsive design be enough to cope with all of that?
3) what target audience should the app focus on?
(their age, sex, etc.)
Don't know exactly, I have listeners from all over the world, even though most of them are Italian.
Anyhow they are mostly between 35-50, both, females and males. All tango "adicts" and dancers.
4) how are you going to spread the app?
- we can help with verification on the AppStore and Google Play, if you are not familiar with their procedures
This could be helpful. By Dec. 31st I'm going to post my podcast # 200, its a birth day, and so, I thought of making a gift to all the listeners, along with new content for the future. So I thought of leaving a download link on the blog and appstore and gplay too.
5) as far as I understand, we should develop the following features (functionality):
a) admin : posting text and/or audio, editing
b) user: viewing posts, playing podcasts, searching
- what else? (e.g. posting images)
- are you going to make the app more complex? If yes, in what way?
no, everything should be very simple, and leave complexity for a further version.
The app should work in the following way:
tangopodcast.net is the blog, the mp3 files are on another server, by right cliccking on one of the links you can see where they are.
I would like the same look and feel of the blog, forget about the header image, just the name of the blog would be enough (Tango Podcast in Italiano).
An image for the splash screen will be provided
The content of the first screen of the app should contain, let's say, 10 posts titles, for instance "Tango Podcast in Italiano – Numero 197 – Il Ballo III" (you may ignore the string Tango Podcast in Italiano –), each title linked to the actual post, and or with a play (little triangle) to play it directly.
If somenone clicks on the name of the post then the content of the post should be downloaded. For instance http://tangopodcast.net/?p=1298
Besides from this I'd like to have the same search box as in the blog, so that people can search for content INSIDE the blog, normally names of artists, songs or any keyword.