Personal Assistant to Executive Director
The Personal Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director (ED), to enable the ED to become more effective and efficient in the role, by providing key administrative and logistical support.
Key qualities required:
The Personal Assistant will have excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail, as well as first-rate written and verbal communication skills. They will have an outgoing, professional manner, and will work well to deadlines. They will have a propensity for thinking ahead, and the ability to rise to the challenge of new or unexpected circumstances. A facility to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions is highly desirable. An ability to embrace the values that the organization is focused on is vital.
Professional must be able to speak, read, and write perfect English (native speaker preferred, but not required). You must also be familiar with the following software: Microsoft Office, Google, Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter, and Skype.
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Researching background materials and information, and preparing documents,
reports and presentations
* Dealing with incoming email and screening telephone calls
* Dealing with correspondence and writing letters, particularly with regard to
* Organizing travel arrangements, equipment needs, accommodations etc. for
when the ED speaks at conferences etc.
Engaging in sales and solicitation process and maintenance of customer data.
* Creating marketing materials and completing maintenance of social media.
* Liaison with other staff to ensure that relevant materials are provided for board
meetings, newsletter copy deadlines etc.
This will be a part time position, at least initially - 5 hours per week.
Standard hours will be 10 am – 1 pm, EST Monday to Friday.
The post is subject to a three month probationary period, with reviews after one and three months.
To apply, please provide a full CV, with details of past related work and a letter stating why you are applying and the skills, experience and qualities that make you a suitable candidate for the position.
Skills: marketing, customer-relations, english, facebook, linkedin, twitter