Banzai Virtual Wave Experience
Banzai Virtual Wave Experience
This is a project for game developers who have skills in recreating the experience visually of what a surfer would see when "IN THE TUBE" while surfing.
Please understand that this is not to be a full game but will be designed more to be a VISUAL INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE for people at events and promotions.
We do not need various levels of game play, etc.
Experience using UNITY3D is important...
Therefore the experience, playing the game and interactivity should not be difficult to understand and control.
One should be able to hold the iphone or ipad and immediately understand what the goal is while being immersed in the visual
experience. This would be similar to holding and looking into a kaleidoscope and being captured by all the colors and changes happening.
Here are the basic parameters of the 3D "VISUAL VIRTUAL" wave TUBE RIDING experience:
1) accelerometers will be used to control the activity on the screen..
a. left tilts the surfboard NOSE ONLY (see attached graphic for example) to the left, right tilts it to the right, forward moves the surfer forward, backward slows down the surfboard. Surfboard nose must have some animation to indicate movement as well
2) the visual will be from the first person point of view - in other words, only the front nose of the surfboard is seen during the visual experience. We do not need a person or character animation.
3) there will be no CRASHING or WIPING OUT during the game play / continuous visual must take place in order to avoid frustration - please see the images for examples.
a. the reef to the left of the WAVE TUBE will slow the person down b. going up to high on the wall of the wave slows the person down and takes away points.
4) the idea of the VISUAL experience is to be constantly riding in the WAVE TUBE - going up and down the face of the wall of the wave, in and out of the TUBE.
THE GOAL IS TO MAKE THE PERSON FEEL THAT HE IS GOING IN AND OUT OF THE TUBE AND HAVE THAT FEELING OF MOTION like riding a roller coaster.
5) there is only a timer and points are derived by the amount of time spent in the tube and points are taken away when hitting the reef and going up too high in the WAVE TUBE... The person never DIES or CRASHES during the time limit
6) the time limit is adjustable from 30 seconds to infinity
7) backgrounds in the EYE of the WAVE TUBE are changeable- this can be changed via control panel and brought into play by using camera or existing stored images.
8) porpoises and turtles and sharks come out of the wave and surf with the surfer along side or in front. Nice animation of these creatures is important.
9) Gems and rewards are in the wave for added points - this feature can be turned on or off.
The images of the WATER in the WAVE is very critical and must look as real as possible for both the iphone and ipad.
The experience will be connected via HDMI to large screens, so realism is important.
We have attached some video files from surf games to show you what TUBE RIDING is about.
We have also attached real video of in the TUBE WAVE RIDING.
REMEMBER THAT THIS experience is FIRST PERSON point of view and will only show the nose of the surfboard for reference and point of view.
Attachments: ion wave 8.PNG , best barrel wave wmv.wmv , WAVE NOSE BACKGROUND LAYERS.jpg
Main Skill: Programming & Databases
Skills: ipad, video, games