Biography Writers (native English speakers only)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
A personal PR firm is seeking skilled, detailed writers experienced in writing web copy. This is a remote contract position with flexible hours. We utilize our team of writers on an ongoing basis so this is not a one-time project.
As a writer, you will create original content for professional biographies. Client base includes executives, professionals, and businesses.
The ideal candidate will consistently write content with the following elements in mind: solid organization and good flow, clear language and word choice, professional tone, high quality of content, right length, correct spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- You will write high quality biographies. The typical format of a biography is 250-350 words about a specific person
- Source data will be provided, so you will not be required to research each person/topic
- We will provide detailed style guidelines
- You will be paid a set rate of $20.00 per biography (net pay after oDesk fees) once the content has been approved by an editor
- Experience writing professionally is preferred, but we will also consider college students
- You can be based anywhere in the world, but you must be a native English speaker
- Willingness to submit email address and be added to our common platform for communication purposes
- This is a part-time project, but we require each writer to claim at least five tasks each week and finish them in order to remain on the team
- Agency contractors will not be considered at this time
1) Please ensure that you have completed the Education and Employment History sections on the Resume tab of your oDesk contractor profile
2) Take the U.S. English Basic Skills Test and English Spelling Test (US version) on oDesk
3) With your cover letter, please include responses to the following questions:
a) What is your native language?
b) In what additional languages (if any) are you fluent?
***Candidates who do not follow the application instructions will not be considered***