C system programmer (Linux, *BSD)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am looking for an experienced C system programmer, proficient in system programming for Unix platform.
My team is building SaaS monitoring system, and I'm looking for a person who can join into the development of one of the component: you will be working on the C application, with a functionality partially resembling ifconfig, top, iostat, etc.
You must be absolutely good about Unix kernel internals, have an experience in writing efficient long running code, profiling the code, optimising it, introducing new features and making it better.
Only knowing Linux will not do the job - I will need you to do the programming for *BSD as well, including Darwin. If you are know / ready to learn Win32 system API - please, let me know.
Host test machines will be, obviously, provided.
Please submit code examples and a brief cover letter that highlights:
1. Your programming experience, especially in regards to C system programming (Linux, *BSD);
2. Your professional interests (we do the work, which we like, I want you to be interested in this project as much as well all do);
2. How much time you can and willing to spend on this project.
And, once again: please, show me your code. Your code and your projects - that's your CV #1.
In addition, please describe how you approach technical challenges and whether you foresee any from this job.
I need a developer with whom I can interact online via Skype and with the usage of the tickets, CVS repository (Mercurial), wiki.
Online communication is via Skype mostly by text. There will also be communication between other team members so it’s imperative that you speak English fluently.
Initially I would like to do the following:
- I present you the code and ask you to profile and optimise it;
- you suggest further improvements steps;
- I give you tasks and features required for the project and we start working under the improvements and further development;
- keep improving.
About the company
We are building system monitoring software-as-a-service. I promise you challenges, interesting tasks, constant development and drive.
Please, let me know if any questions.
Skills: skype, unix, english, systems-programming, linux