Civil Engineering Calculations
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
For a two story residential building, a typical reinforcement concrete floor is to be constructed on each floor as shown in the drawing plan presented in the figure below. The two span one way slab is supported on continuous beams. As shown in the figure, in the building there are two balconies made from cantilever slabs. The slab carries a superimposed dead load of 40 psf and a live load of 150 psf. The yield strength for the flexural steel and shear reinforcement is 60 ksi (fy=fyt=60 Ksi). I will provide you the f’c
1. Draw the shear and bending diagrams for the structure manually using the ACI coefficients method for the slab and beams and using a software.
2. Design the slabs including the cantilever slabs.
3. Draw a cross section showing the reinforcement.
4. Flexural Design for Beams 1, 2, 3, and 4.
5. Design the shear reinforcement in the beams
6. Draw a cross section showing the reinforcement and detailing in the beams
7. Draw longitudinal sections showing the reinforcement detailing in the beams.
8. Check the deflections in the beam.
9. Design the following columns for the first floor: A3, B2, and A2).
10. Draw cross sections and the longitudinal sections in the designed columns.
11. Draw the interaction diagram for columns (B2) about Axis 2 and about Axis B.
12. Design spread footing for the column B2 knowing:
a. Allowable soil pressure qa= 4000 psf.
b. Soil density is 130 Ib/ft3.
c. Place the bottom of the footing at 5 ft below floor level.
Show all assumptions and work details. Prepare neat sketches showing the reinforcement and dimensions.
Skills: drawing, design, engineering