Copy & Paste info from a website into an Excel Spreadsheet
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
1. Go to “http://www.yellowpages.com”
2. Input "Chiropractor" into "What are you looking for?" and "Greenville, SC" into "Where?"
3. Click on the first business name
4. Once redirected to that company’s page copy the industry, Business
Name, the phone number, the email address, and the city that you used in the search into the excel spreadsheet.
(If there is no email address, but there is a separate website, go to this website and search the contact info for an email address.)
5. Click the back button
6. Repeat steps 3-5 when going through the entire list.
(DO NOT copy and paste the business name, phone number and email for
a business into the excel spreadsheet *IF* the phone number or email is
missing from that page or website.)
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the following locations
8. Repeat steps 2-6 when you have completed copying the information
for all the chiropractors in all locations listed in step 7 and then continue
with the following:
- Pet Grooming
You should be able to copy & paste around 75 business’ information an hour.
(Use the attached spreadsheet as a template excel spreadsheet.)