Create Simple Command Line Based Backup Software
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I have a 1/2 done C# backup tool that is command line, I need someone to help me complete it. It is about 60%-80% done.
How to use the software:
C:\backup program location\program.exe –url http://www.website/script/abc/pc1b
* Uses Zip technology (completed)
* Works with 2003, 2008, 2012 native backup software. (need work)
* Allow for Text File configuration file, Program will check the website for configuration every time it is run. Text file can be located online: www.website/script/abc/pc1backup.t
* Allow daily SMTP E-mail Alert/Report on success & failure
* Follows a Report Template
* Text Config to set the e-mail, name, and company (Config in text file)
* Portable – no need modification of registry or setup
* Allow backup even if a file is open / locked, VSS Shadow Copy Service? (Config in text file)
* Allow password locking (Config in text file)
e:\Backup\2013-01-12 – Backup.zip
* Allow Incremental, Differential, Full Backup (e.g. Monday Full backup, Tues-Fri Incremental or Differential or Sun Full, Monday-Sat Incremental or Differential). Only copy folder and file that changed, no empty folders.
*Backup X Weeks (Backup Sets Include 1 Full + 1 Week of Diff, Incremental backup) before deleting the older backup set.
*Monitor Free Space X% before deleting Backup Sets e.g. 15%
* Ask questions and communicate progress if hired
* Looking to do this as cheaply as possible. Budget $60 range
* Require source code