Create Tableau Public visualizations
We are looking for a professional to create data visualizations using Tableau Public; a free visualization software which does not require any programming whatsoever. Creating brilliant visualizations in Tableau is like plotting graphs with Microsoft Excel.
Tableau Public is available for free and can be downloaded from http://www.tableausoftware.com/pub
For this project, you will save all visualizations created to the web using Table Public login details to be provided to you.
Dataset: World Bank Indicators (http://data.worldbank.org/indicato
The dataset is the entire World Bank Indicator historical time series data, for all countries.
See sample visualizations here:
The World Bank Indicator database is organized by topics as follows:
• Economic Policy and Debt
• Financial Sector
• Labor & Social Protection
• Private Sector & Trade
• Public Sector
Each topic has a number of sub topics e.g. under the topic “Education”, there are four sub-topics (i) Efficiency, (ii) Inputs (iii) Outcomes and (iv) Participation.
Under each sub-topic, there are a number of data metric. For every data metric, the underlying data consists of an historical time-series, generally from 1960 to 2013.
• Create visualization for all data metrics. There are 1,300 data metrics. Organized under 10 topics.
• Organize the Table Public workbooks by sub-topic i.e. each workbook should contain data from only a single sub-topic e.g. the sub-topic “Efficiency” under the topic “Education” should have its own workbook and that workbook should contain nothing else.
• Each visualization should allow for drill-down by country (e.g. Ghana), sub-region (e.g. west Africa), continent (e.g. Africa) and year. There are 214 countries.
• The countries should be categorized into continents and sub-regions according to the attached spreadsheet.
• Use a variety of visualization types, basically all the visualization types available in Tableau e.g. symbol maps, filled maps, tree maps, scatter plots, heat maps etc.