Develop the prototype of a web application from a detailed mock-up
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
- You will be provided with an interactive Balsamiq mockup of a web page that interacts with a MySQL database. Your task is to code the page in HTML / JS / CSS / any other relevant language or tool.
- Don’t spend time *at all* on the details and the graphics, we want to move quickly and have something functional. We don’t care if it is pretty or not. You can also fake some functionalities that are too complicated for this prototype (for instance, a dynamically generated graphic could be replaced by an image for this first version). Once again, the most important is to have a good sense of what the app does, of the interaction flow, and of how we navigate between the pages.
- You will have to provide a first fully functional version to a user tester after about 6-10 hours of work. The user tester will then give you some feedback based on the tests of the app with real users, and the second part of your job will consist in implementing those changes. This project is likely to spread over 2 consecutive days: on the first day, the goal is to have the first version of the app so that we can give it to the user tester; on the day after, you would implement the changes suggested by the user tests.
- Please refer to the attached pipeline for more details about the organization.
- Estimated time: 10-15 hours (6-10 hours for part 1; 4-6 hours for part 2).
- Deliverables: code for the app, and a short README that explains the architecture of the application (how the pages are linked together, list of the tables in the database if any, etc.). One should be able to take over the project easily after reading the README.
We will consider your application if and only if you answer the following questions:
- What is your time zone?
- In your time zone, what times are you available to work?
- Will you be able to complete the job before Tuesday evening (PST)?
- When will you be able to start?
- Do you have access to Google+ / Google Hangouts?
- Finally, please add a link to a simple web app you coded in the past (using the same tools / frameworks as described here) in your application.
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Academic talk abstract copy-editing / proofreading
- Hourly – AngularJS developer
- Hourly – Bootstrap Web Developer