Developer (Dev ops)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Whisk is a young startup in the UK, tackling online grocery shopping with a next-gen technology approach.
We provides users with the ability to checkout any recipe from across the Internet. We do this through the use of NLP tools connected to recipes across the web and items available in stores, and then matching these two data sets together.
We're looking for an experienced dev ops hire to:
* Provide operation support for the production and test environments
* Support the team through the provision of tools and integrations to provide interesting information about the development process and code base. This will initially be a CI integration based on elastic bamboo (or maybe Jenkins).
* Own the production deployment process, through a continuous delivery model (eventually)
* Build process automation (any technology)
* Linux system administration
* Implementation of a CI server (Jenkins, Bamboo, et al)
* Knowledge of code quality tools & processes including unit/functional testing, static analysis, code style analysis, code coverage, etc
Preferred experience (as many as possible from the following list)
* Bamboo / Elastic bamboo
* JIRA, Hipchat, Hubot integration
* Java build processes
* Ruby build processes
* Wordpress deployment processes
* No-SQL database deployment
This is initially a 3 month term, will extend for a suitable candidate. Selected candidates will be expected to do a simple test task to demonstrate competence before being hired.
Skills: analysis, linux