oDesk Professional Services is looking for an experienced Python developer. The right candidate should have solid programming experience.
We are looking to build our team of senior Python developers. We are looking for candidates who are willing to work full-time, if not immediately, then at least within the next few weeks. This is also a long-term contract for the right candidate.
1. Proven Python and Django experience - either in the form of top test scores or in the form of referencable work
3. Has decent CSS design skills - i.e. can finish/polish the HTML themselves
4. Feels comfortable in SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL
5. Comfortable with distributed version control git/mercurial etc
6. Strong communication skills, professional writing in English, confident to work with clients to collect user requirements.
7. Available to work as soon as possible
8. Be able to allocate 40 hrs per week. The availability need could start part-time for about 2 weeks, but later on, we are hoping you can provide full-time availability.
Nice to have:
- Have some open source contribution in Python/Django - please feel free to include links in your cover letter
- Have community participation in Python/Django lists/blogs etc. - please feel free to include links as well
Please respond to this job posting by stating how you meet each of the requirements above. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.