Expert Web Scraper/Data Miner (Python only) - using Scraperwiki
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Scrape a number of different websites using Scraperwiki.com.
We have hundreds of scraping jobs to complete are are looking for a responsive, dependable developer to complete dozens of jobs per week.
- must know python and have web scraping experience (DOM, HTML,etc …)
- all work must be done on the hosted platform scraperwiki.com
- web scraping entails downloading data from multiple pages of websites, and then extracting data from the HTML or DOM.
1. Create a free account in scraperwiki.com
2. Create a new scraper, with the title “ddd-odesk_example1”
3. Scrape the following website using the following schema (exact field names required)
Scraping schema: https://docs.google.com/spreadshee
4. Save your name and the name of the source as save_variables (see above example). All data must be saved according to the above schema.
5. Scrape all the available companies on the website. When the job is complete, message us on oDesk.
5. We will review the work for errors. If it contains major errors, we will ask you to fix the errors.
6. When the working scrape is done, we will pay you for the completed job, and send you several more jobs.
NOTE: the above example is *NOT* the first job. We will send you a different site and details on the first job if you are selected.
Pay by the job