Find GPS coordinates within a U.S. zip code
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I require a simple utility (Windows 7 desktop) that can take a file containing comma separated values of LAT and LONG and determine which values fall within a specified U.S. zip code. This file can contain up to 15M entries.
Input (3 inputs):
1. Name of lat/long file. File is .csv or .txt file with two entries per row - lat and long. These entries are separated by a comma (i.e. 38.602249, -90.437665)
2. U.S. zip code
3. Name of output file.
Output (1 output):
1. Output file. This file will have a single column of lat/long coordinates that were found within the specified zip code.
1. Let’s say the input file has the following values:
2. The user inputs “63161” as the zip code.
3. The resultant output value would contain the following two coordinates:
Implementation: This application will need to examine each lat/long entry in the input file and determine if it falls within the zip code. I assume this will require some type of web services call to a GPS database on the internet.