Find me specific PHD programs
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
The PHD hunt has begun, and I need a dedicated person to help me identify the perfect fit. We'll need to search over 100 universities (using the U.S. News and World Report top ranked list of 100 universities and other comparable rating systems based on school name brand, notoriety and prestige). Here's the criteria to pursue the search.
To find the perfect PHD fit, we need to consider this criteria about my PERSONAL PROFILE:
- NYU Masters in Management (tech/project management in business, with an entrepreneur study focus), ranked #1 in grad class.
- BA in Anthropology (Liberal Arts, 3 study abroad programs).
- Worked in "top 3" lobby firm in public affairs
- Started company that went viral in the news and online media
Criteria for ACADEMIC FOCUS (please find professors interested in these):
- Digital media and marketing strategy
- Online viral campaigns
- The science of viral growth online
- New media, social media
*The aforementioned are probably in the business/marketing space
More ACADEMIC FOCUS interests for PHD studies:
- Social sciences/humanities (undergrad was in Cultural Anthropology)
- Sociological studies and cultural influences of startup companies, growth stage companies, large companies
- Cultural impact of companies receiving capital injections, merging/acquisition stage companies, companies going public or fading/dying companies.
- Any anthropological study in business involving company/corporate immersion
WHAT I REQUEST:
After sifting through human sciences departments (sociology, anthropology), business marketing departments (digital media, viral campaigns online and new landscapes of advertising) and communications departments (new media, social media, online public relations), please identify the following information:
- Professor overseeing research or with an interest in a field mentioned above.
- Department dedicated to research or interested in a field mentioned above.
- Please provide contact information of the professor and department, along with the name of the university and any other pertinent information for me to follow up.
FINAL, IMPORTANT CRITERIA:
You may be required to call the university or professor to make an inquiry as to whether or not they fully fund PHD's. It's critical to find out this information. When you call, please inquire as to whether or not they're looking for more PHD candidates to fulfill their needs.
***If you find a non-research based university that offers PHD's or a smaller university during your research (assuming it's not on the top tier list of 100 universities), and they offer a PHD program that fits the bill, please include the information - IT MAY BE A PERFECT FIT AND ABSOLUTELY WORTHWHILE!
Absolutely NO online PHD programs are acceptable, please, please, please AVOID spending time researching these (unless, somehow, they’re from a super top tier university – though, I’ve never heard of this happening).
With the contact information provided, as well as any point of contacts in the department, I'll be able to assess what GRE scores are necessary, along with any other bodies of work that may help my candidacy. If you find this information during your research, please include it, as it will significantly help. Thank you!!!
Please Note: I make payments on Tuesday's and Friday's before 4pm CST.
Skills: management, marketing, science, research