Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
French Typists Needed to type French voicemail messages into French Text.
We transcribe voicemail messages, memos, letters and other documents. The voicemail message files average 1-2 minutes in length, while the other recordings are typically longer.
Our goal is for the customers to get their transcribed voicemail messages almost immediately after we receive the voice file.
If we accept your services, we will send you our Typist Guidelines, so you will know what to do in different situations.
We will need your services during our "busy" times, so we will let you know when to start and stop working.
Correct spelling and punctuation is very important. You will be listening to audio files on your computer, and typing exactly what you hear. How to get started to determine if you qualify to receive assignments from us
The following must be done in order.
1. First read all the details at https://quicktate.zendesk.com This is referred to as our Help Desk.
2. Apply for the job on oDesk and tell us a little bit about yourself.
3. A. Create your typist account.
In the Phone Number field, type ODESK.
B. Complete the Quiz and Questionnaire at http://tinyurl.com/qt-quiz-3-2012
4. When you create your typist account, you are agreeing to abide by our strict confidentiality requirements and code of ethics. [If you have already created a typist account, you should log in to your account at http://typists.quicktate.com and fill out your entire profile and write "ODESK" in the Phone Number field].
5. Then, carefully review and study again all the material on our Help Desk. You will be tested on this material.
6. Log in to oDesk and change your rate to $0.01 (one cent) per hour. (Your real compensation will be paid as a Bonus). As soon as you change your pay rate to one cent per hour, we will change your maximum hours to 168/ week (24 hours x 7 days).
7. Once you have been accepted, add the appropriate contacts to Yahoo Messenger account. Again, do NOT add Yahoo Messenger contacts until you have been accepted.
8. Be sure to keep Yahoo Messenger open at all times while you are working.
9. If you receive a Yahoo Message that files are available to type, you must first make sure that you received instructions to work via oDesk. Note that we are prepared to modify the weekly hours as necessary.
10. When you want to work you will log in at http://typists.quicktate.com. Make sure you follow the instructions from the Help Desk and on the screen (regarding # of words to type, etc.)
Quicktate Typists are paid .0025 per word (one-fourth of a cent). ODESK will deduct their fee of 10% FROM YOUR EARNINGS. For example, if you typed 10,000 words, this would equal $25.00. You would be paid $22.50.
iDictate typists are paid 0.005 per word. Odesk will deduct their fee of 10% FROM YOUR EARNINGS.. (This option may be available at a later date, we will notify you if this option becomes available.)
Compensation is paid through oDesk as a Bonus.
There are advantages and disadvantages to typing for Quicktate.
1. If you type medium to fast, you could make more money than if your were paid hourly;
2. You can work as many or as few hours as you want;
3. You can work days, nights, mornings, and evenings - even 24 hours a day if you want;
4. You don't have to be told when you can work.... Just log in and type!
5. Quicktate can be your primary job or you can type files "in between" other jobs;
1. If you are a slow typist, you won’t earn very money money; you will only make money for the work that you do;
A. We will then post your earnings on oDesk as a Bonus.
Skills: typing, grammar, yahoo