French Typist / Transcriber Needed
French Typist / Transcriber Needed
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
French Transcribers Needed to type French Audio Files into French Text
We transcribe voicemail messages, memos, letters and other documents. The voicemail message files average 1-2 minutes in length, while the other recordings are typically longer.
What we require:
1. Accurate spelling and punctuation
2. Typists that know how to follow instructions
3. Typists that can listen to voice files and accurately type what they hear
4. Speed. You don’t have to be the fastest typist, but you can’t be too slow either
5. Honesty and Integrity
6. Good References
7. A clean record, no arrests or convictions
Our goal is for the customers to get their transcribed voicemail messages almost immediately after we receive the voice file. Longer files should be completed promptly.
If we accept your services, we will send you our Typist Guidelines, so you will know what to do in different situations.
Correct spelling and punctuation is very important. You will be listening to audio files on your computer, and typing exactly what you hear.
How to get started to determine if you qualify to receive assignments from us:
The following must be done in order.
1. First read all the details at https://quicktate.zendesk.com This is referred to as our Help Desk.
2. Sign up for this Contractor position on oDesk and tell us a little bit about yourself.
3. A. Create typist account at https://typists.quicktate.com/tran
In the Phone Number field, type ODESK.
3. B. Complete the Quiz and Questionnaire at http://tinyurl.com/qt-quiz-3-2012
4. When you create your typist account, you are agreeing to abide by our strict confidentiality requirements and code of ethics. [If you have already created a typist account, you should log in to your account at https://typists.quicktate.com and fill out your entire profile and write "ODESK" in the Phone Number field].
5. Then, carefully review and study again all the material on our Help Desk. You will be tested on this material.
6. Log in to oDesk and change your rate to $0.01 (one cent) per hour. (Your real compensation will be paid as a Bonus). As soon as you change your pay rate to one cent per hour, we will change your maximum hours to 168/ week (24 hours x 7 days).
7. Once you have been accepted, add the appropriate contacts to Yahoo Messenger account. Again, do NOT add Yahoo Messenger contacts until you have been accepted.
8. Be sure to keep Yahoo Messenger open at all times while you are working.
9. If you receive a Yahoo Message that files are available to type, you must first make sure that you received instructions to work via oDesk.
10. When you want to work you will log in at https://typists.quicktate.com. Make sure you follow the instructions from the Help Desk and on the screen (regarding # of words to type, etc.)
Compensation: iDictate and Quicktate are paid at different rates -
Quicktate General Typists are paid .0025 per word (one-fourth of a cent).
Quicktate Medical Typists are paid .0050 per word (one-half of a cent).
iDictate typists are paid 0.005 (one-half of a cent) per word.
ODESK will deduct their fee of 10% FROM YOUR EARNINGS. For example, if you earned $25.00, you would be paid $22.50.
12. There are advantages and disadvantages to typing for Quicktate and iDictate.
A. If you type medium to fast, you could make more money than if your were paid hourly;
B. You can work as many or as few hours as you want;
C. You can work days, nights, mornings, and evenings - even 24 hours a day if you want;
D. You don't have to be told when you can work.... Just log in and type!
E. Quicktate can be your primary job or you can type files "in between" other jobs;
1. If you are a slow typist, you won’t earn very money money; you will only make money for the work that you do;
A. Track your hours as usual so we'll know who is working.
B. At the end of the pay period, we will prepare a report showing the number of words you typed. We will then multiply your total words by $0.0025 to determine your earnings. Odesk will then deduct the 10% oDesk fee.
C. We will then post your earnings on oDesk as a Bonus.
Required Skills: honesty, integrity, following, directions, good, listening, skills