Full-time Filipino Snippet Writers with Flexible Work Hours (long-term)
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Thumbtack is one of San Francisco’s hottest start-ups, with more than $15M in funding from some of the world’s most respected investors. We are changing the way people find and book service providers in the U.S.
We have a large amount of service posts that need snippets.
WHAT ARE SNIPPETS?
Snippets are very short keyword-rich summaries of service listings. They're about 180 to 200 characters (NOT words) long. Snippets also have titles, which also contain at least one keyword.
Here's an example:
Snippet Title: Celebrity Makeup Artist
Snippet: Look like a celebrity with Ken Johnson's salon services. He is a Hollywood makeup artist and hair dresser who also specializes in lash extensions, facials and waxing services.
QUALIFICATIONS OF AN EXCELLENT SNIPPET WRITER
* Excellent English writing skills; must have coherence in writing
* Superior grammar and punctuation usage
* Ability to strictly follow our guidelines in writing snippets and editing snippet titles
* Fast and accurate encoding/typing skills
* Can work full time and would want to stay longer with us
* Positive and open to constructive criticisms
* Owns a fully functioning work equipment with webcam and very stable internet connection
* Good character (follows company policies, embodies our values, honest, team player, etc.)
* Prior experience writing snippets or articles with SEO guidelines is a good plus
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (Please DON'T send as attachments.)
* Complete oDesk Profile and oDesk Ready
* Scored at least above average in oDesk US Basic English Test
* Unique and original cover letter
WHY JOIN THUMBTACK?
* Earn $100 to $250 per week
* Flexible work schedule
* Job security
* Rate increase
* Career progression
* Weekly incentives
* Thumbtack swag (company souvenirs)
* Yearly company outings, parties, team buildings, etc.
* Unlimited work units = more $$$
Once hired, you’ll be paid an entry rate of $0.16 per snippet written, and $0.05 per task reverted to other queues in the first two months. If your two-month probation period is a success, you’ll move up to our base rate, which is $0.18 per snippet!
Applicants will be screened thoroughly. New oDesk contractors are welcome to apply, but must comply with the requirements above.
Since this is an ongoing position, we would prefer someone who does not have any full-time job (online or offline).
We're a fun, small (but GROWING) company. Check us out:
Company Website - www.thumbtack.com