Full-time Filipino for QA (website testing), with Excellent English Writing Skills for (Long Term)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
My company, a marketplace for local classes, is seeking very reliable Quality Assurance Testers with impeccable English writing skills for ongoing work. We release new features to our website every week, and need someone who can test these features to discover bugs and problems with what has been built.
Outline of Responsibilities
* Hired employees will be trained on how to use our website backend & frontend, as well as our project management system, where all features and specifications are detailed.
* Each time new specifications are submitted, you will need to review them to make sure everything is clear, and ask questions about items you don’t understand, or that are missing from the specification.
* Then, when features are released to the Staging website, you will test them, and report back on any defects you find. Once these defects are fixed, the features will be released to the Production website (consumer facing website), where you will need to test them once again.
* Strong English language skills are absolutely necessary, in order to communicate with the team.
We release features every week, on a fairly regular schedule, which means we will try our best to hire someone who is very consistently available. We expect team members to work about 20 hours per week for now, but likely more in the future. This means that we largely prefer employees that do not have other jobs (either online or offline). Ideal candidates will stay with us for at least a year, if not longer.
* Excellent English writing skills
* Quickly able to learn new online tools (with help of course)
* Dedicated and reliable – someone ready to work longer hours
* Must have a very fast and reliable internet connection (prepaid kits not recommended)
* Fast, efficient and high attention to detail
* Interested in a longer term relationship with our company
* A positive, happy personality
* Willing and ready to provide feedback and ask questions
Important Qualities of a Good QA Tester:
* Ability to think extensively about ways to “break” the system
* Ability to read a functional specification and determine if the technology produced correctly fits the specification
* Willingness and curiosity to ask questions about the specification
* Very observant when testing about things that go “wrong”
* Notices both functional, design & copy (writing) issues
* Investigative Mind – ability to keep trying until you figure out exactly what caused the error
Applicants that seem to fit the position will be hired for a training and testing period (all paid work). You’ll be tested on the skills needed for the job AND your responsiveness and availability. If you fit the requirements of the position well, we'll officially hire you! We screen all applicants thoroughly as we’re looking to build a lasting relationship. We're a fun, small company, and would love to work with you!
2 Application requirements:
* Please write a cover letter specifically for this job. We will use this to evaluate your writing skills, so please do not submit a pre-written cover letter.
*We’ve also created a small test to see whether you possess the qualities of a good QA Tester:
Imagine the typical website registration process:
Step 1: Insert email
Step 2: Create a password
Step 3: Submit to create account
Explain in detail how you would test this process, including:
* The different paths & scenarios you would test
* Different inputs you would test
* Different ways you would try to ‘break’ the process to find bugs
Please do your best to write clear, natural sounding English – punctuation and grammar are also equally important in this assignment. You'll be working with the Director of Product.
PLEASE NOTE: This job pays an hourly rate of $1.50 (ignoring of oDesk fee).
Please forgive us for rejecting those who bid higher right away.
Thank you so much – we’re excited to get started!
Skills: qa, english, test, management, design, training, grammar