Google News Writer and/or Blogger Needed for Online Urban Magazine (SEO Experience a Plus)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for quality writers to join our team.
We would like to have long-term commitments so please do not apply if you plan to quit next week.
First and foremost ALL news stories must be 100% original and pass copyscape, this is ESSENTIAL, Your writing skills will need to be impeccable with no grammatical, punctuation or spelling errors.
Applicants must be familiar with Wordpress. Ideal candidates must be able to start immediately!
I'm looking for someone who especially know how to pick and find stories that fits the general theme of our site and can attract 100's of thousands of visitors to the site.
Our site has many categories where you can find news stories to go into. Categories range from Entertainment, Music, to general news and such.
1. This contract is for 100 short posts of 250+ words. It works out to $1.00 per post (or about $0.005/word). You will be required to do 5 posts per day, and 25 posts per week (you can schedule them in advance). All articles must pass Copyscape.
2. Your daily routine would be to check online news sources for the latest news and trends. We urge you to get familiar with Google Trends (http://www.google.com/trends) and Google News (http://news.google.com) as you will be required to post stories and hot topics that are trending as long as it fills a niche or can be applied to a category on our blog, which we have several of.
Google News shows you what are some of the top news stories throughout the world for that given day and by using both Google Trends and Google News, these resources can help you craft story ideas that are popular and worth being written about. We also suggest that you also get familiar with Twitter Trends, and Yahoo Buzz Log (http://buzzlog.yahoo.com/) for the same reasons as above.
Twitter trends is especially good because most of those trends are what people are talking about literally at the moment. News Stories should be timely to coincide with recent events when possible.
3. Rewrite the news to make it unique, include at least one photo and "feature" it, then upload the post to our blog. (I will give you instructions.) We want new posts to run every day, but they can be scheduled in advance. So if you have other commitments, you can write some of your posts in advance and set them up to post later, but remember that certain news stories need to be as timely as possible.
Not every type of post that you will write, you will be able to set up in advance because of this. You cannot copy content from other sites. If you copy even one sentence from another website, you will not get paid. Everything you write must be 100% YOUR OWN WORDS.
4. Every Friday, send an email to me with the URL links to everything you posted during the week.
5. We also make it easy on you and submit to you a list of sites that you can copy stories from if you're having hard time finding something trending.
- Your English must be EXCELLENT
- You must use our project management system (in addition to oDesk's time tracker)
- At the end of each week, you must deliver a Word/text document with the URL of every posted article for the week. If you do a great job, you can expect to us to make milestone payments every week and continue your contract for a long time! We would love to have a long-term relationship.
Finally, I will require samples of your writing before hiring you. Please submit at least 2 samples with your application, browse our site and tell me what topics you like to to write about. Also, if going for bonuses, indicate which samples are from Google News websites. Also, please put the phrase "I love odesk" at the top of your cover letter.
If you forget to do all of these things, I will decline your application. I look forward to your applications. Thanks! Our site can be found here: http://bit.ly/dd6xBX
Skills: english, twitter, yahoo, management