Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
Our team recruits the world's top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 600,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to yoga to design to salsa and more! After one year, we're proud to say that Udemy is already changing the lives of our students and delivering real value to our community of instructors.
Where You Fit In:
We are looking for someone to design images for old and new courses in a variety of categories including Photography, Technology, Business, etc. These course images will appear in our discovery marketplace - http://www.udemy.com/courses/featu
- Should be proficient in graphic design tools and software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Past graphic design experience is a HUGE plus
- Must have solid internet connection
- Must be able to communicate in English. We will be using email, and sometimes video chat to communicate.
- Should be able to understand a course topic and make an appropriate representative image in a relatively short amount of time
- Must be able to work 9am-5pm Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday, as we are based in San Francisco
- Please send a link to past design work
Examples of Good Course Images on our site:
We will offer between $5-$10 per hour depending on experience and candidate selection.
If this seems like something you will be amazing at, please apply to this job post and make sure to include a link to a portfolio or past design work. If we believe you are a good candidate, we will hire you for a compensated trial period of 10 hours in which we will ask you to design at least 5 course images. If after this trial period we feel you are a good fit for this position, the position will go to full-time and we will expect you to work on our company hours which are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco).
Thank you and we look forward to working with you.
Skills: design, english