I need an ITand Communication Policy for a new startup company. The policy will include email, privacy, software and hardware security, using mobile devices, use of none-company electronic devices on the network, rules on use of company laptops, personal mobile devices on the network, non-employees assess to the network or company computers, copying of files, documents to take off site, duplicity of critical data in case of natural or/and man-made disasters, physical transfer of critical files, rules of engagement during down time, theft, damage or loss of equipment, viruses, unauthorized website and consequences, etc. This list is not inclusive.
Here are key thinks to remember:
1) Currently, the company is not providing any equipment (laptops, phones, or ipad, etc…) to its employee, but it hopes to do so in the future. Your policy should consider provisions for both using company-owned and non-company-owned devices, and using company-owned and non- company-owned networks.
2) The company will have few employees in the USA and most of its lower level employees in Africa. Please understand that, there isn’t any reliability on police or security systems most Africa country. Please write your policy assuming, we will not be able to contact the police to help with anything.
3) The document should serve both as the IT Policy and the Communication Policy.
4) I will need this done Error-Free. If I had to do any grammatical error or typo editing to the document myself, it will affect your payment.
5) I will only work with those who can show me a sample writing of similar document they have done.