Specific responsibilities will include:
• Glossary creating, translating and maintenance: develop a glossary of highly nuanced phrases within client’s product and their translations in Japanese.
• Translating, editing and review of marketing materials; transcreation
• Editing and/or review of UI strings
• Creating style guides and helping guide consistency across materials
• Working with Product Managers, in-country stakeholders, localization vendors and quality assurance engineers to drive linguistic, terminology, and style issues to resolution.
• Planning and executing linguistic quality assurance tasks.
• In-country, with in-locale linguistic and cultural currency
• Native level fluency
• 5+ years of demonstrated English to Japanese translation and editing experience
• Degree in linguistics, translation, technical communications and/or equivalent experience
• Marketing and UI translation experience
• Demonstrated technical experience with localization and terminology platforms and tools
• Experience in business to consumer communications including print direct mail, email and web.
• Basic knowledge of / interest in behavioral psychology and/or energy efficiency
• Educational background in journalism, communications, public relations, or advertising
• Work experience in branding, advertising or with design teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both English and native language.
• Strong problem-solving, project management skills, and organizational skills.
• Interest in and flexibility to work and learn in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, multitask, and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.