We are a small software company with a web application that helps businesses that use chemicals for manufacturing or research manage their chemical inventories, improve safety and comply with government regulations and reporting.
We would like to generating revenue from our website (www.chemicalsafety.com) through the use of affiliate marketing by offering products and services that are outside our current business model.
This may include industrial safety products like fire extinguishers and safety clothing, for example, consulting services, etc.
We also have the same domain for china (www.chemicalsafety.com.cn) and for some European countries.
Using analytics tools like Optify, we can see that the majority of the visitors have visited our site using the keyword search “Chemical Safety”. These visitors are clearly looking for something we don’t offer, so they look at the homepage and go away. We want to offer chemical safety related products and services so we can capture revenue through those potential customers and by creating referrals.
If they are looking for fire extinguishers, for example, we want to sell to them through a partner. If they are looking for gloves, or safety signs, or safety training or safety related services or… whatever, our goal is to get them to buy through us. Since we don’t currently sell any of this stuff, what we need is develop relationships with affiliates so that we can refer these misplaced customers to companies that sells the goods and services they are looking for and if they buy then we get a commission.
We are looking for someone who can guide us to create an action plan that, among other things, includes the following:
• Identify the best affiliates for us to partner with
• Establish the affiliate relationships
• Identify which products would be most profitable for us to sell
• Come up with a web site design that incorporates the new products for sale (or develop specs so that we can outsource this piece)
• Help with SEO (or develop specs so that we can outsource this piece)
• Advice/help with a Social Media campaign to integrate with this effort
• Identify and integrate best tools for tracking affiliate revenue
• What do we need to do to implement the infrastructure on a limited budget? Come up with a prioritized plan with a staged approach, to include timelines, cost estimates, and revenue estimates
• Identify workers needed to implement the plan (and their skill sets)
We also value a creative person with the big picture on how best to generate revenue. Other ideas on how to profit not related to affiliates marketing are also welcome.”
Chemical Safety, by the way, is synonymous with work safety, product safety and environmental safety.
If you are qualified to do any or all of the above, send us a proposal with your suggested actions, qualifications, plan, timelines and cost for your work.