Lead Technologist | Long Term Opportunity - Global Hires
The Research and Development Data Analyst will be the expert at all innovative technologies that drive our consumer product group. This individual will have the passion and technical capacity to look at the product from a user point of view and know themselves that the product is good enough that any consumer will be excited to use the product. This individual will drive and optimize the product’s ability to categorize in many ways.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
• Interpret, synthesize and analyze large amounts of data generated over social media activities and extracted from images.
• Pre-process the data and transform where necessary before feeding to machine learning algorithms for recommendations.
• Build metrics for performance comparison of various algorithms.
• Understand the business process in order to assign context to the data and come up with new machine learning models and algorithms.
• Work closely with algorithm engineers to get new algorithms built and tested.
• Lead a team of researchers to stay focused on high-value activities and deliver results.
• Build metrics to evaluate performance.
• Identify new research areas for researchers to work on and evaluate their work to be included in production systems.
• Come up with new, innovative and creative ideas.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience leading a team and delivering successful products in a fast paced iterative product environment.
• Hands on experience with MySQL and R, WEKA, Knime, Mahout or RapidMiner.
• Must love Math and Stats.
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field preferred.
The selection process requires potential candidates to take a series of tests to measure their abilities.
This job requires 40 hours per week. Upon successful completion of tests and interviews with us, an offer will be made at a competitive rate, depending on experience.
Skills: research, science, mathematics
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Record & Document a Purchase Checkout Flow