Magento Problems with Product Url
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
I need someone to fix an issue with my product url paths. It is adding numbers to the end of the string whenever I reindex the data. This needs to get fixed for seo purposes and also because facebook isn't recognizing the new url path so all likes are lost.
I think it is maybe something to do with a change I made a while back when I was trying to remove the category url from the url path to the product.
I tried the core_url_rewrite drop table thing and then reindex, however I lost all of my old urls and there was a lot of 404 errors coming from google. I can't let this happen again.
I would like you to fix it so that the URL Key in the product edit page, under catalog is exactly the same as when I type it into the address bar. You also need to ensure that the rel=canonical tag is pointing to this URL Key for the product.