Making a unix Live CD
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We need a linux live cd that has "root" privileges and has the required sources that makes it able to download packages from the web.
- we'd like to have a boot menu with an 'autocontinue' option
- you're free to choose the Linux distribution, but we'd prefer a Debian-based one
- it must have root access without the need to login
- it must be able to use a wide variety of network cards
- the aim is to keep memory usage low (below 256MB), so 32bit and cli versions are preferred
- the cd will have to download a script file and execute it. That file contains the required packages and some other functions. It usually ends with a loop.
- the cd must use google dns 184.108.40.206 for nameserver settings
Skills: linux, unix