Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
This position requires a high-energy, self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional communication skills and is able to maintain the organization blog of i-Immersion Institute. The successful candidate will research and write articles in a conversational, engaging style. Each blog entry will reinforce i-Immersion's main objectives: to offer a well-rounded foreign language community to children and their families, build a culturally rich environment, and create learning opportunities for all immersion learners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Edit and publish content on the organization's blog(s) under the direction of i-Immersion's Program Manager.
2. Measure and track the effectiveness of blog topics based on number of viewers and number of comments.
3. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to the organization's blogs.
4. Respond promptly to blog comments and e-mail.
5. Act as liaison between blog reader and organization's executive team.
6. Assist with marketing classes and events via various social media outlets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. The successful candidate must be computer and internet savvy, with considerable experience in using and building blog/social media communities.
+Writing: superb proofreading and editing skills. Writing should be informative.
+Project Management: ability to effectively manage time and multi-task. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Skills: research, marketing