Open source Web Application development
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
The purpose of this project is to make a web application which will communicate with an existing database. The application will exist of 9 web pages and to be used for tender management.
The following requirements are mandatory for the developer:
• Speak and write English fluently
• Communicate by Skype
• Experienced with PHP development
• Experienced with MySQL interactions (as read and write data to its tables)
• Experienced with documenting the code
• To show similar development done in the past
• Be able to start the work immediately and work the whole desember
The following requirements are mandatory for development:
• Use an open source lightweight web application framework
• MVC driven architecture
• Object oriented design and implementation
• Use PHP
• Use Ajax for partial web page update
• Use a predefined CSS style sheet
• UML class diagram
The following requirements are mandatory for the application:
• Read and write data to the MySQL database
• Populate drop down menus with data from the database
• Operating tabs
• Search and present the result in a table
• Log-in page with password protection
A server will be available during development and will be used by us for reviewing the work throughout the whole project.
The application must run on a standard Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server edition where Apache, PHP and MySQL are installed from Ubuntu's repositories.
The web application framework can be chosen by the developer, but must explain the choice with its pros and cons.
This project will have several releases, where the first release contains basic functionality, and the following extra functionality. A detailed release plan will exist.
Skills: english, mvc, design, apache