PHP Script to Communicate with App
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Answer this question to be considered:
"What is your favorite Hollywood movie"
I'm looking for a basic PHP script that can act as a web server api for an app. Essentially the app will be communicating with this PHP script to pull images or text with their relative rating.
Example: A joke app that pulls user generated jokes (text format) along with the rating (1-5 stars) of that joke from a DB (probably MySQL). On the flip side, this will be the same if the app was for funny images.
1) api which requests the image or text from the server along with their rating.
2) api to which we can send data via a method in android called urlConnection
(not sure how it will work with Xcode…but an iOS app should also be able to GET/POST)
3) The ratings have to be made according to the number of votes and convert it to the 5 stars. For example, if new user installs the app and starts, the images (or text) will sort current rating order, the new user then submits his/her rating, and the new rating will be the average of the ratings.
4) Admin access to view data (text or images) and have a simple approve/reject option for the data upload
Further explanation or clarification:
- APP is loaded on user's device
- APP sends a GET request to the PHP script to load data (text/image)
- SCRIPT sends the requested data
- User rates the text/image 1-5 stars
- APP posts this rating for text/image
- SCRIPT sends the average of all the ratings for that particular image/text
- User has an image or text to submit
- APP sends the image to the server/script
- Admin can log on and browse data and approve or reject newly uploaded data or delete existing data
IMPORTANT: Experience in scripting PHP for APPs specifically is required
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Simple Java Tasks