Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
okay so the next bit of work is as follows
there is a library called phantomjs that I want to use to generate screenshots.
if you do a search on google you can see that some people have created scripts and
there is even a github project to create screenshots using phantomjs. I dont mind if you
reuse some of these components. But it basically needs to do the following
1) Php function that I can call with a domain name (eg google.com)
2) the function then checks in the image directory if the screenshot exists - if it does
returns the filename
- if it doesnt exist then it will need to use phantomjs to create the screenshot.
I think we should implement a queue (a mysql table thumbnail_queue) so - you will need
to check the queue to see if its already on there - if it isnt then it will need to be inserted
and then return "QUEUED"
3) a separate process (php) will read this queue - and generate the screenshot.Define
some constants for the screen shot sizes. There will be two images generated. A large
and small. First generate the large image and then use php graphic functions to resize
the image to a small one rather than use phantomjs twice to generate.
4) after the image has been generated you should remove it from the queue.
5) if there is an error please write the error to a table (thumbnail_errors) along with the
6) ideally it would be good if multiple processes could be ran to de-queue and generate
Image sizes (should be a defined as constants)
195 x 145 and 360 x 240
the images should be stored as follows
the file format can either be png or jpg - don't mind whichever is best