Pollution Prevention Briefing Paper
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Write a short, general/basic, briefing paper on The Peddle Power Company’s new environmental position. Throughout their past they have made sure to comply with environmental rules and regulations and considered that sufficient, however they’d like to move to a new level, as they want to be able to take advantage of the renewed interest in “green” products and processes. So the goal for this paper is to develop a five year plan for management, including ideas that assess where they stand now, to plan for future changes, and to implement those changes over time. I need it to be both realistic and idealistic. You don’t need to become an expert in bikes or production processes but try and be as detailed as you can. In other words, don’t use vague generalities like “reduce waste”. What type of waste? What is your plan for measuring it and then reducing it?
*One idea could/should include thoughts on implementing LEED building requirements.
More Background about the company:
The Peddle Power Company makes bicycles. They make road bikes, mountain bikes and hybrids. They sell their bikes through bike stores. They manufacture their bikes at one manufacturing plant in Blue Sky, ID. They make their bikes using traditional manufacturing processes. They have not seen any growth in their business for the last ten years and would like to grow by at least 10% per year in both sales and profit and to do this in the most sustainable way possible: environmentally, economically, and socially.
• Prepare your briefing paper as a 12 pt font, double spaced, Microsoft Word document, with 1 inch margins.
• The paper should be between 6 and 10 pages.
• I recommend that you break the paper up using section headings
• Make sure your paper is well written and organized and follows rules of standard English (spelling, grammar)
• No plagiarism, include a works cited in MLA format though these citations do not necessarily need to be implemented within the text itself.
If you have any questions let me know!
Skills: management, english, grammar, academic-writing, research