Senior Solutions Engineer - Gensym
Senior Solutions Engineer - Gensym
Work with top global talent on big time enterprise apps for Fortune 500 companies in a career-building environment, where inventiveness and entrepreneurial drive are rewarded. It's 100% remote, work from home, with minimal meetings, where you can choose when you can put in your 40 hours most effectively each week.
What are the responsibilities in the job?
• Achieve an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and requirements.
• Understand the client’s control and production problems and requirements which is primarily in the cement, lime and other related mining, metallurgical and chemical processing industries.
• Utilize G2 based solutions and related technology as developed by Gensym to solve customers’ problems.
• Deploy and integrate computer systems and other third party systems such as real time historians, to work with Gensym solutions as required for the total APC solution.
• Deliver solutions based one or more products in a way that fits the customer’s local constraints in the most effective manner possible.
• Work positively with and provide counsel to process engineers and other plant-based technologists at all levels and with as much as several decades of experience in their industry.
• Ensure our customers are not just satisfied, but supremely happy in utilizing the advanced control solution which you have helped engineer, configure and install on their plants.
What are the requirements for the role?
• Natural and formal in-depth knowledge of chemical and process engineering with the ideal candidate having particular knowledge and experience in that for cement and lime production.
• Prerequisites in depth knowledge of mathematics, applied mathematics, general physics and chemistry (training in Gensym’s G2 will be provided and thus is not a required prerequisite).
• Passion for process control and optimization.
• Basic signal processing, data processing and analytics skills - plus SQL database knowledge.
• Familiarity with real process-control technology, in particular general instrumentation, and for classical control such PID’s.
• Familiarity with general computing systems, operating systems, general networking and have good programing experience in any language(s).
• A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented self-starter.
• The ability to be comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience on real industrial plants will be a great advantage, and owning a hard hat and safety shoes will be proof of this.
Total compensation is US$5040/month, paid on an hourly basis for the standard 40-hour work week. There is a $1,000 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you. We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings, but you understand how those are.
To qualify, show us who you are. We need verifiable identification, online skills tests, and a brief Skype video interview. Sorry, this part is not paid, but it won’t last more than a week, and if you’ve got the motivation, you’ll be done in a few hours. After that, if you’re still on the winning track, you’ll get to try out the job. During a one-week fixed-price trial assignment, prove to us that you’re the right fit for this full-time, 40-hr/wk position. We’re looking for progress and dedication; if you show that, gTeam FZ may have other positions for you, even if you don’t get this assignment quite right.
To apply, click the “Apply for this Position” button, below.
Principal Solutions Engineer - Gensym
Job Code: PSEG 373
Location: Work from home
Note: Although you need to apply through the link above, you will still be hired and paid through oDesk if selected.