***** MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK 9AM TO 5PM CST (730PM TO 330AM IST)
***** MUST HAVE US VOIP NUMBER (OR WILLING TO OBTAIN ONE)......WE DO NOT USE SKYPE!!! (NO EXCEPTIONS)
● Develops new software and works on various associated development tasks in accordance with pertinent established standards under a team leader.
● Participates in a cross-functional team within a specific content theme.
● Participates in code reviews as needed and as assigned by their respective project team leads and department leadership.
● Reports time and work effort progress to PM and team leads according to established company standards and/or as needed and requested.
● Provides input into project technology issues and direction to their respective project team leads as appropriate.
● Ability to accurately render level of effort estimates based on information known at the time that estimate is required.
● Monitor bug tracking (JIRA) queue for tasks and update tasks with relevant information in a timely fashion.
● Ensure that the sanctioned project and development process are followed and note exceptions as necessary.
● Participate in meetings with other personnel, including QA, Product, Architecture, Publishing Operations, and management.
● Mentor less senior developers.
● Recommend competitive advantages gained by emerging technologies.
● This position requires successfully independent collaboration and with others both internally and externally with other departments.
● Other duties as assigned.
- Django and/or PHP template layout & rendering experience
- CSS and knowledge of browser-specific implementation/limitations
- A strong grasp of HTML standards
- Experience with distributed version control systems, preferably Git
- A strong grasp of current browser technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow company coding / formatting standards
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- Experience with back-end and front-end performance optimization
- Expertise with testing using unit test and other common testing tools
- Expertise using debugging tools such as Firebug/Web Inspector and Django-debug-toolbar, IPDb and IPython
- Experience working with 3rd party SDKs and APIs
- Ability to read and modify PHP code when necessary
- Social media integration (Open Graph, etc.)
- Software and system architecture experience
- Unix experience
Skills: voip, qa, rendering, test, debugging, unix