RESTish service to control and store metadata about EC2 instances
We need a RESTish service which will wrap certain AWS APIs with specific logic:
- The API can start/stop a EC2 instance and then "control" the instance in various "extensible" ways.
- Since most operations are long pending tasks, the entire API will be highly asynchronous. Must provide API to poll status of a prior operation given an "operation id".
- Turn on/off public internet access to the instance.
- Be smart in preserving "our code" on the instance (ex: if modified, revert back to what it originally was)
- API can associate and intersect tree structures of metadata about running instances. Can also associate and intersect trees of metadata about AMI images and AMI x instances (ex: "list of people" who used this AMI and/or this instance).