ROMANCE GENRE SHORT STORY / FICTION Writers Wanted - Get Published as a ROMANCE Short Story Fiction Author & Build Your Expertise In Your Field & Build You Resume By Becoming an Author! USA, CANADA, UK Writers Only!
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
*** IMPORTANT: IN YOUR REPLY, ANSWER THESE 3 QUESTIONS ***
1. WHAT IS YOUR SHORT STORY CONCEPT/PLOT?
- All short stories must be 100% original written from scratch and must pass copyscape and plagiarism sites.
- Plus, it MUST fit a short story - NOT a novelette...usually short stories have ONLY ONE plot).
- IMPORTANT: Short stories tend to be less complex than novels, novellas, and novelettes. Usually a short story focuses on one incident; has a single plot, a single setting, and a small number of characters; and covers a short period of time.
2. WHAT IS YOUR SHORT STORY TITLE?
- Pick a SHORT TITLE so it's easy to remember and summarizes story in a unique, catchy way without starting with "The".
- Also check on amazon.com so that your title is NOT taken by other writers.
3. WHAT IS YOUR PROOF OF EXPERTISE as a short story, fiction writer, or writer in general (We accept beginners so just tell us your background/passion/expertise as a writer)?
- We only take USA, UK, or Canada writers OR applicants with ODESK English test scores over 80%.
- We do NOT accept adult material short stories so if that is your genre, please do not apply.
*** WHAT YOU GET ***
OUR RATE (negotiable):
- 5,000 - 7500 words (approx 20-30 pages) = $25 (short story rate) PLUS you get credited as author for the short story ebook.
- (Other writing jobs don't offer AUTHOR STATUS!) - Great opportunity to make a name for yourself as a short story writer!
NOTE: We also need 3 book extras:
100+ word about the author section (in 3rd person)
200+ word book description
500+ word article about book (to use as promotion)
- The 3 parts above will not be counted as part of the overall word count...this is just extra parts we need to put you as a co-author
*** AMAZING BENEFITS ***
- PLUS, YOU WILL BECOME AN AUTHOR to build your credibility as a freelance writer.
- Your resume will STAND OUT since you will become an author (as opposed to other freelancers just writing articles). Thus, writing for us will most likely impress future employers and help you get MORE jobs compared to other freelance writers.
- When you write for us, YOUR BOOK, YOUR NAME, YOUR CREDIBILITY WILL GROW FOR A LIFETIME BECAUSE WE WILL MAKE SURE YOUR NAME & CREDIBILITY AS AN AUTHOR IN YOUR FIELD REACHES WORLDWIDE!
- This is for a one time payment project but you do get lifetime benefits of being labeled an author, getting published, building your credibility, and getting more exposure in your field.
Ownership and Credit. Employer has the sole ownership and copyrights for the Work, including editing, sale, and distribution rights. Writer will not own any copyright and/or distribution right to the Work. Employer has the right to credit the Writer as a co-author of the work (ex: Short Story Press & Author Name) for platforms that allow multiple author names. For eBook platforms that only allow one author name, the name Short Story Press will be used as the main author name but the Writer's name will still be credited by putting their name in front of the eBook design cover as well as inside the eBook by having their name in the title page and also having an "About the Author" section at the end of the eBook to credit the writer. Employer has the right to publish it in any form, including but not limited to, ebook, book, audio, and video, anywhere, including websites, ebook stores, bookstores, and all other platforms. Employer has the right to add or not add additional contributors to the Work if Employer hired other contributors to add more content to the Work such as artists, designers, editors, authors, and any other contributing members.
Skills: writing, make, english, test, ebooks, promotions, benefits, design, video