Circle Software develops a cloud application which until now has mainly been used by bookshops and publishers. We started in New Zealand but are now rapidly expanding in Australia. We want a developer help us get through the work load.
This job would be a good opportunity for someone that would like to work with Rails and who wants to be involved in SaaS product development.
As a small company we are dedicated to making a world class product but are pretty relaxed about how and when you do it. You will get the opportunity to play a large part in the development of the product and direction it takes.
The pay will be $2500 USD per month for 40 hours per week.
- Pivotal Tracker for project management
- Newrelic for performance analysis
- GitHub for source control
- Generally Mac or Linux for the desktop environment
- Rails 2.3.14 on MySQL
- Ubuntu web servers
You must have
- Development experience with a large scale SAS application for business.
- At least 1 - 2 years rails applications development experience
- A good command of SQL
- Familiarity with Linux webservers
- Be reliable and produce tidy code
- Good communication skills in English
Ideally should have
- Graduate degree in computer science or engineering
- Linux webserver admin skills
- Experience with Mysql or Postgre SQL, GIT hub and C++
Nice to have:
- An eye for design and experience with css
- An understanding of the retail environment or retail systems.