The Security Metrics and Reporting Developer position will blend deep technical development skill with a strong report and dashboard development background and a keen business sense to help maintain and enhance a leading edge custom built information security metrics reporting solution. The Security Metrics and Reporting Specialist will extend the existing capabilities while maintaining existing functionality.
The Security Metrics and Reporting Developer will be responsible for delivering, and supporting information security business intelligence reports and dashboards, in partnership with internal business stake-holders, and security and engineering teams. The Security Metrics and Reporting Specialist will lead enhancements and small-scale projects (from inception through to production) and will be responsible for creating and maintaining online reports and dashboards that house information on vulnerabilities, threats, incident and compliance data related to the organization.
The candidate will:
• Work with data warehousing specialists and business analysts to understand existing security data and then model visually compelling and accurate security reports and dashboards to support Information Security and Risk Metrics, historical data trend analysis, and identification of opportunities to drive continuous process improvement
• Develop report templates and fit relevant security metrics data into the templates
• Use advance data visualization tools to contextualize information in a manner suitable to executive audiences
• Work with internal clients and other team members to understand and define reporting requirements
• Provide guidance and insight on data visualization and reporting/dishoarding best practices
• Document reporting requirements and define report templates and dashboard specifications
• Maintain and enhance a handful of Coldfusion / SQL web based data driven security solutions
• Build dashboards, automated reports and report templates
• Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to application standards for data reporting
• Passion and expert skills in building elegant and interactive data visualizations of complex information including drill down capability
• Possess strong analytical reasoning skills with the ability to recognize and evaluate facts, to objectively analyze situations, and to synthesize and organize data/information from multiple sources and highlight salient facts
• Extensive application development experience in one or more of the following environments: .NET, ColdFusion, LAMP, etc.
• Solid experience with analytical tools supporting data analysis and reporting (Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSRS)
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of data reporting, data visualization, and executive dashboard creation
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Must be extremely flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines
• Advanced MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Access; SharePoint
Additional Preferred Qualifications :
• Advanced experience in the design and creation of security and compliance metrics as well as dashboards for Senior Management
• Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher
• Strong Information Security Industry background including one or more Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA)
• Solid understanding of GRC frameworks and Compliance and Risk Management Programs
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, PHP, etc.).
Skills: engineering, analysis, .net, ssrs, science, design, management