Semantic MediaWiki template programmer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are an educational non-profit organization. We have one of the largest Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) systems in the world. We need an SMW template programmer to fix bugs and add features to our complex site. You will be able to get guidance help in fulfilling your responsibilities.
Our existing code is thoroughly commented. We expect your code to be thoroughly commented also. We may choose to release the code under an open source license.
When the introductory goals of this job are successfully achieved, and we're happy with your fit with us, we may expand your role to doing more tasks.
* Advanced MediaWiki template programming experience
* Advanced SMW experience
* Advanced Semantic Forms experience
* Copious commenting of source code
* Ability to assist in upgrades to MediaWiki, SMW, and other extensions, resolving bugs and incompatibilitiies, etc.
* MediaWiki extension development
* Experience with simpler forms of automation, like Jitbit Macro Recorder or Actionaz
* Experience with web scraping
When applying for this job, please attempt to answer these questions (they are not required):
1. What is the difference between an ordinary MediaWiki page with templates and a Special:RunQuery result page?
2. What happens when a MediaWiki template is modified, if it is used on a large number of pages?