Looking for a backend developer who can build out a site that will accomplish the following:
1. Allow import of a list of names and addresses from either CSV or .xls file.
2. Display address locations in a fusion table or similar mechanic on a google map through API.
3. Display name, address, and add to list functionality on click of map marker.
4. Add to list functionality above should add the address to an array of addresses in the order clicked.
5. Calculate distance from each address to the next in the array based on Google API call.
6. Calculate drive time from each address to the next in the array based on Google API call.
7. Return total distance and drive time based on all addresses in the array.
This is primarily a back end project but should include a very basic front end for testing. Code must be well documented with easily accessible data objects available for the front end developer's use (such as the array of addresses). Attention to detail is of the highest importance!
To be considered for this position, please include in your application your experience with the Google Maps API, any similar work you have completed, estimated time to complete this project, and the line of text "Grab a tiger by the tail" as the last line of your application to show you read the entire job description.
Again, attention to detail is of the highest importance. As such, applications that do not provide all information requested will be discarded.